Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2005 5:14:50 PM EDT
I will be teaching a Tactical Rifle Course in the Green Bay area on Sunday Sept 4th.  Anyone wishing more info can email me and I will send you the class info.  I will be gone Aug 11th - 14th for the DPMS Tri Gun Challenge so I will respond when I return.  Thanks, Mike.

UPDATE: Assisting me at this class will be Mark Miller of Mach2 Tactical.  Mark makes kydex holsters and mag pouches for IDPA and IPSC competition as well as personal defense use.  Mark will have AR 15 magazine carriers available for purchase at the class. Here is a link to his website:
http://m2tactical.com/

Also coming to assist and shoot will be Nick Kalishek.  Nick recently placed 3rd in Open Class at the DPMS Tri GUN Challenge behind Matt Burkett and Jerry Miculek.  Nice shooting Nick!
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:53:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn!  Sept. 4th = Labor Day weekend = annual camping trip/birthday celebration for myself, my brother, and friends.  

IM sent.....
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:39:26 AM EDT
[#2]
What are your qualifications to teach?

What is the price?

Is there a BOI or curriculum that prospective students can browse?

Thnaks.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:24:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Drat, bad weekend  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:49:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone interested can email me and I will send an attachment with the course description and my qualifications.  I will be gone thru Aug 14th For DPMS TRI GUN so I will respond when I get back unles I get PC access at my hotel.  Thanks again, Mike.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:34:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Anyone interested can email me and I will send an attachment with the course description and my qualifications.  I will be gone thru Aug 14th For DPMS TRI GUN so I will respond when I get back unles I get PC access at my hotel.  Thanks again, Mike.

Why not just post it here for everyone to see, it would be easier that way....

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:08:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry but the course description is rather long and it is easier for me to send it out as an attachment.  Thank you to all those that emailed.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:11:16 PM EDT
[#7]
BTT
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:15:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Sorry but the course description is rather long and it is easier for me to send it out as an attachment.  Thank you to all those that emailed.

Hmmm the attachemnt I got seemed pretty ok to fit into a post......
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:01:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Hmmm the attachemnt I got seemed pretty ok to fit into a post......

There ya go.

Tactical Rifle Course

September 4th

This course is designed to introduce the casual shooter to the world of High Speed-Low Drag tactical shooting. Skills taught will include: Shooting positions and techniques, Speed shooting, Standard and Non-standard response drills. Speed and Tactical reloads, Malfunction clearances, Battlefield Zero, weapon transitions, use of cover as well an assessment and overview of equipment. Learn what works and does not work in real world and competitive environments.
Required Equipment
1. Semi-Automatic Rifle/Carbine
(Iron Sights or Optics)
2. Minimum 4 magazines
3. 600 rds factory rifle ammunition
4. Tactical Sling
5. Magazine carriers/pouch
6. Handgun, magazine, holster
7. 100 rds factory handgun ammunition
8. Eye protection
9. Ear plugs and Headphones
(electronic recommended)
10. Brimmed hat
11. Weather appropriate clothing/raingear
12. Notebook and pencil (optional)

Instructor: Mike Himmel
Training and Experience:
Operational Skills Group: CQC Carbine.
Lethal Force Institute: Urban Rifle, Stressfire, Judicious Use of Deadly Force, Lethal Threat Management for Civilians, Weapons Tactics.
Firearms Training Associates: Basic Defensive Pistol, Accelerated Concepts in Pistolcraft.
Ky-Tac: Speed Skills.
IDPA: Certified Safety Officer.
September 4th

Course Fee: $150 includes membership to Luxemburg Sportsman’s Club
Lunch will be provided

Class begins at 8a.m. at the Luxemburg Sportsman’s Club, Hwy. 54 Luxemburg.
Club house opens at 7:30 a.m.

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:47:30 PM EDT
[#10]
BTT with updated info.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:14:34 PM EDT
[#11]
IM sent
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:46:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Instructor: Mike Himmel
Training and Experience:
Operational Skills Group: CQC Carbine.
Lethal Force Institute: Urban Rifle, Stressfire, Judicious Use of Deadly Force, Lethal Threat Management for Civilians, Weapons Tactics.
Firearms Training Associates: Basic Defensive Pistol, Accelerated Concepts in Pistolcraft.
Ky-Tac: Speed Skills.

Mr. Himmel;
Are any of these 'train the trainer' type courses? Have you taught many courses? Any pertinent background not alluded to in this cv? Does successful completion of any of your courses convey and sort of recognized certification or meet any official training requirements such as CCW training requirements for any state? Are you certified as an instructor by any organization or agency?

Can you point me to any course reviews by prior students?

Thanks for your time. Sorry for the deluge of questions, but being an informed consumer is only wise these days.
tt
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:41:21 PM EDT
[#13]
tag for response
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:33:40 PM EDT
[#14]
am not sure what you mean by "train the trainer"? My background is as a civilian competive shooter and instructor. I do not claim to be the "Gunner's Guru." I simply teach the skills that I have been taught. I have been teaching pistol classes for the last 3-4 years as well as private instruction. Most of my instruction has been to civilians and a few LEOs. I am not aware of any reviews other than a few comments floating around on this board by a couple of students. Both who plan on returning for this course and my advanced pistol. Try contacting board members United Security and MagnumForce. My pistol scores are available for everyone to see on the Wisconsinshooters home page. .http://www.wisconsinshooters.com/
Here are links to the matches I was able to shoot this year
http://www.wisconsinshooters.com/documents/uspsa/match_results_springbrook/springbrook_match_results_5_29_05.pdf
http://www.wisconsinshooters.com/documents/idpa/match_results_ripon/ripon_match_results_7_9_05/07-09-05.htm
http://www.wisconsinshooters.com/documents/idpa/match_results_ripon/ripon_match_results_6_11_05/06-11-05.htm

My results for the last few years are posted there as well. Hope this helps answer your questions. Thanks for your interest. - Mike

Follow up response to additional questions from Tommytrauma not visible in this post.

I thought that was what you meant by "train the trainer." I just never heard it expressed as such. I think the true judge of a teacher is their ability to convey information to students. When I spoke with Massad about going through the Stressfire instructor course he told me it is just a matter of making sure you have a firm grasp of the skills taught in the class. Made me think twice about spending $1000 for another piece of paper that affirms what I have already learned. If you have never had any formal rifle training I think you will learn alot depending on your current skill level. This class is not intended to turn anyone into an "Operator." I simply offer to teach the same skills the big name schools teach without the travel and added expenses.

If you are looking for a CCW compliant course I would stronly suggest LFI 1. Contact Firearms Training Associates. Dave Maglio, Jim Williams and Andy Vissers are all qualified to teach the Stressfire portion of the course and they have Massad come in to handle the Judicious Use of Deadly Force portion. My pistol courses do not cover use of deadly force. I teach the skills neccesary once that decision has been made as well as competition pistol skills.

Thanks again for your interest and I hope you decide to give the course a run.-- Mike

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:53:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top