Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2005 10:22:31 AM EDT
SO is there anyone in So Central WI that can thread the barrel of my bushmaster since the AWB is no longer in effect? Looking into putting a flash suppressor on to cut the freaking muzzle ball down. Even my .300 doesnt have that big of a flash.

BTW how much should the rifle be dissassembled when I take it in or just take teh upper in?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:58:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Gander Mt. may or may not depending on the gunsmith you talk to.  I would reccommend taking a stripped barrel.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:21:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Send me an email at [email protected] and we can discuss your situation.  I can probably help you out.  I have a decent lathe in my shop here.  I'm in SE WI.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:58:53 AM EDT
[#3]
diesel, buddy , I've got a project for you and that lathe.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:12:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Rob, I got the same situation and would like any info as well.  Thanx..
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:29:53 PM EDT
[#5]
diesel1 opened his mouth.....

I should learn how since I have access to a lathe.....maybe we should hook up, diesel1, I would be eager to learn how.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:10:54 PM EDT
[#6]
No problem.  I just need to get some tooling set up and practice on some scrap.  I used to work in the machine shop at work, but even there we very seldom did single point threading.  It's not hard to do.  Just requires a bit of set up.  Send me an e-mail if you want to get together.  Other lathe projects OK too.  I've got a 13" lathe here at home and access to the 24" at work.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:23:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like we need a group latheing.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:48:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Sounds good to me, how about we bring this up again in the colder months when activities are slower?

I will gladly travel south of Milw. down to Racine or something if need be.  Everyone bring a barrel or a piece of barstock?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:28:53 PM EDT
[#9]
After Labor Day would be good.  It does get a bit stuffy out in the lean-to where the machines are.  Let's keep in touch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top