Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2005 4:37:39 PM EDT
Please help shut down such a waste of money.

I already wrote McGee and Barrett.  I really trashed McGee, has'nt been the first time.  

McGee was poseing this week with a sawed-off shotgun he scored for $150. Not typical, and right when he ran out of private cash. Hmmmmm.
Riddle me this, for argument's sake: how could a local nobody with no law enforcement stature PURCHASE an FEDERALLY ILLEGAL AOW for $150 without question?  I'm taking that up with the BATFE.

Now don't let me sound hypocritical. He scored a questionable shotgun and got if off the street.  Did it function?  Where did it come from, who is the person who created it, and for what purpose? Still not the typical homocide weapon of choice.
What action is being taken towards the criminals? Is he simply creating a new legal, no questions asked, black market for stolen weapons?

Questionable actions like the "emergency response team" of young'ins he assembled to "watch" the Milwaukee PD.

The Clinton Administration initiated a gun buyback program in 1999. It offered undetectable results and was a total waste of Federal funding.  Milwaukee had these same buybacks in 1995 & 1996.  In the least, the far majority of guns that were "purchased" did not match the typical homicide handgun. Junk and antiques. The BIG SCORE was a AR-7 that they touted as an assault weapon and proof to the program's success.
Dr. Stephen Hartgarten performed a study of the '96 Milwaukee buyback and also concluded it was a waste.

If he wants to solicit private money from church and business, fine.  Taxpayer money? No way.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:20:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey dude, its no laughing matter.
You have no idea of the untold death and destruction caused by such weapons.
In the wrong hands these things could lay waste ......

If you can get them to fire two rounds in a row.

How much do they give for the buy back?
Its an amnesty thing too, isnt it?
I could order a bunch of Tapco flats, fold them up and sell them to the buy back.

The flats are $15.
If I'm not worried about lining anything up, I can fold atleast ten an hour.
If the buy back gives ......... say $80 a pop, then I can make $650/hour folding Tapco flats for the buy-back program.
Even if they're only offering $50 ..... I'll still take the pay-cut and fold flats for $350/hour.
Matter of fact, I'd be willing to hire seasonal flat-folding help.
I could have college interns folding flats in shifts.

They'll get to tout the thousands of Salt Weapons they got off the street
And think of all the guns I could get with the buy-back money!!!

It would be funny as all get-out if the buy-back program financed a bunch of class-3 stuff for me.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:28:26 PM EDT
[#2]
So that's why you wanted that beater rifle.  you're gonna sell it!

Anyhow, if I knew where the buyback was, I'd be wandering up and down the line seeing if anyone has something good.  I'd give tehm  $500-$100, they don't have to wait in line, and I get a good deal on something.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:25:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I saw on the news,someone turned in a ar-15 with scope.It was probably stolen and the turned in for $50.These are local democrats stealing these weapons and then turning them in for quick cash.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:51:04 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'd be wandering up and down the line seeing if anyone has something good.

I get the feeling they've thought of that already.
I doubt they'd let us turn it into a swap-O-rama.

Would be funny though .... no need to go higher than the buy back.
You sit at a table with a big crate and I'll peruse the line, banking people off into the 'Expedited Lane' where you hand them a fifty, thank them for doing their civic duty, put it in the crate and call "NEXT."
We could load up the truck with 100 hand-picked guns for five grand.  

And Pay for it all by folding Tapco flats !!!!

Hey wait a minute .......... this is a private Citizen's work ........ lets have our own "Buy-Back."
Corporations will sponsor us with gift certificates and stuff.
If it's a POS, they get a $50 G.C. to somewhere; we're not out a dime.
If it's something we want, we buy it ..... for $50.
We run all the numbers, and if anythings stolen, we turn it over and absorb the $50 hit.
Except .... we contact the rightful owner and let them know that so-and-so PD has recovered their property; no sending them off to be destroyed.

We become quazy legitimate once stolen guns start getting returned to their rightful owners.

No .......... wait .......... I know ..............

They've thought of it all before, bro.
They'd crucify us, and you know it.

Fun to joke about, all the same.

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:54:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I saw on the news,someone turned in a ar-15 with scope.It was probably stolen and the turned in for $50.These are local democrats stealing these weapons and then turning them in for quick cash.

See now, that's just a shame right there.
I could have used the LPK, the B/BC/CH, and probably the handguards.
He'd have still received his fifty bucks after I was done scavenging too.

Just a cryin' shame.

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:13:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Since it is only citizens buying and holding the guns.......

What say we wait till the crooks come and hold them up and steal all the guns for themselves?  There aren't any law officers around as far as I know so there would be little opposition.  Boy, this really sounds like a well thought out plan, now doesn't it?

On the other hand, I wonder how many criminals have gone and turned in their weapons?  

It's just sad...
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:43:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I would love to go to one of these buy backs and see if anyone is turning something in of value.  Maybe approach them and offer them more for what McGee is offering.  Imagine finding some old widow of a GI turning in a all matching numbered German 98k and only getting $150 for it.......my god the horror!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:10:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:45:20 AM EDT
[#9]
McGee has been a race baiting...shakedown artist (though not a very good one when compared to
his mentor Jesse Jackson)

He has fomented more race based crime than any other of his ilk in the Milwaukee area

imo
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:47:51 AM EDT
[#10]
double tap sorry
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:31:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

T-J
Don't make fun of that rifle!!! I saw James Bond bring down a helicopter with one in "From Russia With Love" last night on the TV.... It must be a dangerous assualt rifle then, right??
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:13:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

T-J
Don't make fun of that rifle!!! I saw James Bond bring down a helicopter with one in "From Russia With Love" last night on the TV.... It must be a dangerous assualt rifle then, right??

See link fron Ted Nugents Boardnugeboard.tednugent.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/225493.html
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:15:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey 91101, think you put a crowbar into your schedule and make it to the range sometime.

I wanna put some rounds through your Cetme.
I knew I shoulda bought that thing out from under you.

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:42:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Hey 91101, think you put a crowbar into your schedule and make it to the range sometime.

I wanna put some rounds through your Cetme.
I knew I shoulda bought that thing out from under you.

Ya know, that sounds like a good f'in idea... I've been going so nutz lately with all of this sh!t if I don't get away soon I won't be needin my guns anymore if you know what I mean... If you have a membership to a range somewhere I'd be glad to toss a couple of my toys and a shitload of ammo in the trunk of the Caddy and go on a road trip...

Ya probably should have snagged the CETME first... So far it's been nothing but a safe queen....
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:54:29 PM EDT
[#15]
If you wanna trek all the way down to Racine, you can be my range guest.
Its about 30 minutes travel from downtown Milwaukee, just so you know what you're in for ride-wise.

There's a good chance you'ld get to meet some of the local clique too.
You can't help running into them, these guys hang out at the range like it was a tavern.

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:10:49 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
If you wanna trek all the way down to Racine, you can be my range guest.
Its about 30 minutes travel from downtown Milwaukee, just so you know what you're in for ride-wise.

There's a good chance you'ld get to meet some of the local clique too.
You can't help running into them, these guys hang out at the range like it was a tavern.

Racine is not a problem... It's worth it to get out of the Oshkosh/Fond du Lac area for a while...
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:28:17 PM EDT
[#17]
My schedule is pretty easy right now.

If you want to make it tomorrow, earliest I could head out is ~~14:30.

Edited To Add: Tomorrow = Saturday; just cause it's getting late.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:34:34 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
My schedule is pretty easy right now.

If you want to make it tomorrow, earliest I could head out is ~~14:30.

Edited To Add: Tomorrow = Saturday; just cause it's getting late.

This weekend is pretty much shot all to hell for me already (maybe Sunday) but next weekend would give me time enough time to tell everybody up here to go to hell...
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:37:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Next weekend is the pistol class refresher.

I'll be campin' and shootin'.

See what you can do about Sunday.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:40:09 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Next weekend is the pistol class refresher.

I'll be campin' and shootin'.

See what you can do about Sunday.

OK I'll do that... get back to ya sometime Saturday
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:52:30 PM EDT
[#21]
TJ, Sunday will work if ya still wanna go...
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:43:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Yeah, I still want to go.
Matter of fact, I was gonna go anyway.

A few folks are getting together to practice some of the stuff we were taught at 17:00.
We can meet there at 15:00; relax and shoot for a couple hours.

The stuff at 17:00 is totally informal.
It's fine with me if you hang out for it ...... if you have to get back to your obligations, that's fine too.
We can wing it.

Lemme know if the time slot works for ya.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:46:20 PM EDT
[#23]
TJ,
Incoming IM
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:16:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Back at'cha.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:18:31 PM EDT
[#25]
LMFAO, sorry for the inconsiderate thread jacking, Boomholzer.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:51:11 PM EDT
[#26]
I need to find one of these silly buyback things and score a bunch of junk guns on the cheap and make a nice profit by turning them in.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:27:00 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I need to find one of these silly buyback things and score a bunch of junk guns on the cheap and make a nice profit by turning them in.

That's something I was wondering about.

If you buy a gun with the intent to resell it, and then do so, you're an illegal dealer.
However, the gun buy backs usually offer blanket amnesty; they don't want laws and rightful-owners getting in the way of their crusade against firearms.

So, does that mean it's okay to illegally deal, so long as your sole client is the buy back?
Could somone fold flats into rxvrs, effectively manufacturing firearms with intent to sell, provided all of them go to the buy back?

OMFG !!! ....... It's the BUY-BACK LOOPHOLE !!!

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:47:05 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
LMFAO, sorry for the inconsiderate thread jacking, Boomholzer.

Not a problem.

Barrett wrote back that he will not use public funds to support McGee but would use his position to encourage private parties and citizens to do so.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:47:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Under the circumstances, I think it's the best response you could hope for.
It's probably a good thing that you reminded him folks are paying attention; help keep him out of the cookie jar.

Any word from BATFE on a private citizen committing multiple gun related felonies in the name of 'getting guns off the street?'

I suspect that they're almost as interested in this as they were in John Kerry's illegal inter-state transfer of a longarm.

ETA:
Wouldn't everyone invoved in Kerry's campaign have been guilty on 'conspiring to break federal firearms laws?'
Is there a statute of limitations on this?
Or do the lot-of-them have to worry for the rest of their lives about a constitutional minded federal prosecutor bringing them up on charges?

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:07:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top