Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2005 1:00:08 PM EDT
Hey guys, noone pointed me in their direction, but I've yet to be able to get in touch with a live voice. Anyone know what their hours are like?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:23:51 PM EDT
[#1]
First off it is "none" not noone
Seccondly it is pretty much open during any daylight hours however there usually is not anyone there from the club around.
If you can nail down a addy and send out a snail mail letter you will proly get a responce.
Otherwise I would check their scedule and see when they have a trap or skeet shoot going on (they usually open up the clubhouse for those).
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:57:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
First off it is "none" not noone

Dude you used the wrong emoticon.

I fixed it for you.

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:50:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Man I am never going to live that pic down
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:40:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I was a member there a couple of years ago and there usually wasn't anyone around then either.  On an old newsletter that I have it says the shooting hours are 8:00am till dusk.  Assuming the information is still the same, if you wanted to write them the address info I have is:
Portage Rod and Gun Club
PO Box 453
Portage, WI 53901

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:42:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks again guys.

And sorry none.
Not for saying noone, but rather for that picture. ;P
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 3:39:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks again guys.

And sorry none.
Not for saying noone, but rather for that picture. ;P

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:52:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Is this place just shotgun?  If there are rifle and pistol areas, how long are they?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:08:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Just as an FYI to those who helped with the info, I ended up going with the Columbus range. They have a 1 time orientation class which myseld and my roomate are attending this Thursday.  After that, you get keys to the 'club' and can shoot from dawn till dusk whenever you like with minimal exceptions.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:25:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Is this place just shotgun?  If there are rifle and pistol areas, how long are they?

The place is mainly trap and skeet.
The rifle range is 100 yrds and the pistol range (on the other side of the clubhouse from the rifle range) is 25 yrds I THINK.
We need to get more rifle shooters going there the trap and skeet shooters are thinking they are the elite of shooting and are in the process of trying to take over the place. They cant seem to get around the fact that most of their dues money comes from rifle shooters tho

The rifle range is 10 lanes I THINK and the pistol range is spots for around the same number of shooters.

Tom and I took his stepdaughter up there one time to introduce her to handguns (not a bad shot btw) and kept getting wierd looks from all the trap guys with their $20k shotys. We just ignored em and kept on pluggin away
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top