Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2005 7:08:32 AM EDT
3 of us at work on saturday had our vehicle rear plates stolen for the 06 stickers.Now i got to go to the dmv and get new plates.Some democrats in this area figured rather than buy their own they would take someone elses for free.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:45:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't forget to report it stolen to the police. Somone stole the plate off a car I had  back in college after we sold it to a salvage place after it died.  I got a letter in the mail a couple months later saying that the DMV was suspending my license for failure to pay a ticket. I was like WTF? we did all the paperwork and shit when we junked the car. Well the place never reported the stolen plates. Took about a month to clear that up. And I was driving on a "suspended" license for that whole month. Imagine trying to explain that one to a police officer if you get pulled over.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 10:04:58 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Don't forget to report it stolen to the police. Somone stole the plate off a car I had  back in college after we sold it to a salvage place after it died.  I got a letter in the mail a couple months later saying that the DMV was suspending my license for failure to pay a ticket. I was like WTF? we did all the paperwork and shit when we junked the car. Well the place never reported the stolen plates. Took about a month to clear that up. And I was driving on a "suspended" license for that whole month. Imagine trying to explain that one to a police officer if you get pulled over.

That's no lie.  Report it ASAP.  This is just one possibility and this isn't so bad if you think about other things that could happen.  Someone might be committing crimes with your plate and the police might come and start questioning you on a robbery or something.

Report it.  It doesn;t cost anything.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 11:06:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I did report it right away and they took my front plate at the PD and filed a report.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top