Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2005 5:44:45 PM EDT
anyone w/ experience/thoughts on the 6.8 please share....
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:44:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it's a great round.  Splits the difference between 5.56 and .308.  Fits in an ar sized mag.  Only problem is getting ammo.  You can get it but it's not cheap.  Remington has been saying it'll come out but keep pushing it back.  For now, I'll stick with 5.56.  It may catch on eventually and it may not.  I wish it would though.  There are very few intermediate rounds.  Ideal ballistics for deer, dogs and self defense.  And target shooting.  Milder recoil than full power loads, yet with the right bullet can be shot long range.  Just my opinion, no hands on experience.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 7:14:15 PM EDT
[#2]
i'm thinking so too.  just wondering what people thought before an investment... most everything ive read sounds positive.  i see bravo co has uppers for $500, mags seem to run 35-45.  maybe a contender bbl first, just to see how it shoots.  brass and dies seem to be available?
tx for the reply.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:47:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been following the threads here and at LF.com.I also marked out the pages in Midway's catalog for reloading supplies and ammo.As soon as mags hit $30.00,ammo $300/thousand I am all in.I even have my 'VSPR' upper picked out to barrel/bolt swap.I like most everything I hear about 6.8 except the price.

bulletcatchR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top