Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2004 5:05:12 AM EDT
I went to the gun show in Fondy. hoping to find some stripped lowers. not much luck.
Anybody in central wis. selling lowers?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:24:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you a cop?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:11:26 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Are you a cop?

Why does it matter, private sales between individuals is perfectly legal in Wisconsin

Jhall, I'm not in central wisconsin so I'm not sure who all in that area would sell stripped lowers. Yer best bet would be to just go to a dealer and have them order it for you. There should be some shows localy in a couple weeks I'll keep and eye out for some for you and let you know if I find anything.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 12:18:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not sure why you asked but, no i'm not a cop. I was looking to avoid any extra shipping or transfer fees. I know it's not a lot but, thought i'd ask around before I ordered. I'm working on my second build. no hurry to get in done. thought i would see how little it could cost to build.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 4:50:12 PM EDT
[#4]
That's funny.

Its a major investigation, where state, local, and federal agents have collaborated to expend great amounts of revenue entrapping people into perfectly legal activities.

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:58:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Contact gunguyr in Sparta....good man, I ordered a RRA lower from him and am very very VERY pleased with it and the transaction.

gunguyr's EE thread
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:59:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Are you from FdL? Always looking for another AR junkie in town.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:09:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Bills' Sporting Goods in Lomira will order lowers for you. I've got several coming in. However, they are all accounted for.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:41:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Tom's Military Arms and Guns in FdL does all my transfers.
North Main in Fond du Lac
920-923-0205

Kind of an eccentric guy, but reasonable to deal with. He carries all the big name AR's (and even a few Olympics)
That's where I started my black rifle madness with a Bushmaster
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:26:47 PM EDT
[#9]
If you want one of the "name brand" lowers, expect a wait.  RRA is running 6 weeks behind, and Bushy is somewhere in there.  From what I've seen, the Stag lowers are pretty nice, and they do an OK matchup onto a Model1 parts kit, although not as well as RRA.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:49:38 PM EDT
[#10]
you should get a Lauer lower.  IMO, it's kind of neat to have one that has WI stamped into it.  they're actually LMT lowers.  mine was $130 @ the Lauer shop in chippewa falls.  they'll make it any color you want too.  i got mine in OD.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:19:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Bills' Sporting Goods in Lomira...

That's where I got my first shotgun, a Remington 1100, way back when, probably '77 or '78.  I always loved walking around that place long before there was Galyans or Cabela's stores.  Always had everything a guy needed, archery, guns, whatever.  I think that old Bill has been gone for quite a few years.  The last I heard his wife & son were running it.

What about that store near the highway?  They used to have a pretty good selection, too, but I bet they cost Bill a lot of business.

Tom's Military Arms and Guns in FdL...

I think that I talked to him a long time ago, & if I am thinking of the right guy, he was in a little storefront just off of the main street, in FDL, the one that goes up to the little zoo & Lk. Winnebago.  He seemed like a good guy to talk to, & I think that all he did was handle transfers & buy specific guns for people out of a catalog, whatever you ordered.  There's that newer store right on the main street, too, although I suppose that they've been there for 20 years now.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 2:17:53 PM EDT
[#12]
gunguyr in Sparta doesn't seem to have RRA stripped lowers in right now, but he does have some complete lowers in from what see.  Depends if you are in a hurry to put one together.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 2:41:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes I live in FDL moved from Mil. about 1.5 years ago.I purchased my SP101 from Tom's. A little eccentric YES, but  good prices. I'm not in a big hurry to get it done now. looking to put another together over the winter. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 6:34:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:03:17 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Bills' Sporting Goods in Lomira...

That's where I got my first shotgun, a Remington 1100, way back when, probably '77 or '78.  I always loved walking around that place long before there was Galyans or Cabela's stores.  Always had everything a guy needed, archery, guns, whatever.  I think that old Bill has been gone for quite a few years.  The last I heard his wife & son were running it.

What about that store near the highway?  They used to have a pretty good selection, too, but I bet they cost Bill a lot of business.

A guy by the name of Ken is running the place now. He's a great guy. I guess the son didn't get into it too much, and Ken took over.  As for Midwestern (the guys by the highway) they can take a hike. They're your standard duck hunters. You might find a top of the line Browning Citori there, But you certainly aren't gonna find any AR's, milsurp ammo, or anything of that sort.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top