Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2004 12:04:04 AM EDT
x
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:12:41 AM EDT
[#1]
If it wasn't for the fact the WI taxes are so frigging high, I would bet a majority of those companies would move to WI in a heartbeat just to get out of there.  IL = ugh.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:03:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If it wasn't for the fact the WI taxes are so frigging high, I would bet a majority of those companies would move to WI in a heartbeat just to get out of there.  IL = ugh.

Maybe we should encourage that. Would be nice to have some of that industry in WI. My guess though is that they would move south if they decided to move.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 6:08:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Turn in my firearms.................didn't Mr. Heston say something like "From my cold, dead hands".  This will never fly!
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:29:05 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I'm on the border of IL and WI. I would love to slide across the border with my small business in tote. Two problems.....

As you said, taxes are way too high, although IL is beginning to also have zero tax benefit foe business owners.

Madison, Kenosha, Milwaukee, Racine and Walworth county Liberals have massive IL Liberal envy. Southern Wisconsin is rapidly becomming over run by Liberal insurgents.

Your Governor is just as bad as ours.

Otherwise, I'd join my cheesehead brothers. It's gotten to the point where even I enjoy watching the Pack whoop the Bears. Except, uh, one time earlier this year
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:43:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Come on over to Indiana, we have alot of industrial and manufacturing plants here in Elkhart.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top