Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2004 5:06:05 PM EDT
SUNDAY OCTOBER 31st. Approximately noon. We will be leaving Madison around 10:30, so we'll be there around noon. Hope to see everyone there!

Not sure if I can still grab dinner - my fiance is in town and I might have to get her back to Madison. I guess we'll see what everyone wants to do when we're there.

------------

If you guys would rather do some shooting rather than trick or treating, we're heading out to the Yellowstone Lake range (about an hour SW of Madison) in the afternoon on Sunday the 31st. If you guys wanted to join us, we could make it a big SAFER/ARFCOM shoot.

I, and possibly some others would be up for a big dinner afterwards. There is a place in Mt Horeb, "The Grumpy Troll" which has really good food, a nice small town bar/restaurant atmosphere.

Let me know what you guys think.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=21&t=186764&page=1

SAFER website

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:04:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds Great !!!.  Better go buy more ammo
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:17:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm interested.

Glenn R.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:56:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds Good I'M In
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:37:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Any charge? Rifle only or are pistols allowed? Is there a 200yd range (need to get my .300wm resighted in after knocking the scope silly last month). Tables and sandbags?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:04:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Bring your own bullets (and guns) and it won't cost you a dime - shooters in our club who dont have their own firearms can shoot ours, but we ask them to bring ammo money. But Im sure you guys here have PLENTY of guns

Yellowstone is a free public range, they have a 100/200 yard rifle range, a 40 yard pistol/smallbore range and archery targets.

There are tables, but no sandbags. They have plywood target boards already set up too.

It's a pretty decent place for the right price.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:20:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:38:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm interested.  I'll be in Platteville that weekend, visiting friends.  I'll have to check if I can bug out a bit early and make it in the afternoon.  Plus, I just got my upper back from ADCO with a new, evil, Phantom FS to try out.  

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:30:57 PM EDT
[#8]
COuld I get directions and time?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 12:32:38 AM EDT
[#9]
I won't make it--forgot about Halloween plans--have fun!

Glenn R.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:21:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Looks like I can't make it - plans already made would interfere.  But have fun everyone.  And the more of these get set up, eventually we'll all meet each other.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#11]
I wanted soooo much to come out, but thats the first gun deer season that weekend.

BTW is this range open everyday?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:10:42 PM EDT
[#12]
As far as I know it is open everyday. Not quite sure on the hours, but probably 8am or so to sundown.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:18:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Even with the T-zone hunt that weekend, I think I'll try to make it.  Of course I'd need directions.  I've heard about Yellowstone, but never been there.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:55:06 AM EDT
[#14]
It's closed to the public on Tuesdays for cleaning and LEO use. I stopped out last Sunday afternoon and it was packed. It looked like a lot of deer hunters were sighting in.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:10:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Arrgh.

Carrie and I will be traveling back from the east coast on Sunday.

I'm sorry we'll miss it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:08:29 PM EDT
[#16]
My wife's out of town then, so the timing is perfect!  Assuming my back is cooperating enough for me to drive up, I'm there.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:32:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for posting the invite.  Unfortunately, I have commitments every Sunday.  Is there any way the future events could be held on a Friday afternoon or Saturday Morning?  hinking.gif
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 12:24:08 PM EDT
[#18]

Thanks for posting the invite. Unfortunately, I have commitments every Sunday. Is there any way the future events could be held on a Friday afternoon or Saturday Morning?

Sorry you can't make it, I am sure we will have other events on some Saturday morning.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 11:48:13 AM EDT
[#19]
BTT (Free bump from FMD while he's got high-speed at the hotel)
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:44:55 PM EDT
[#20]
I feel like a total loser for this, but I can't go: my back is still shredded and the pain meds I'm on make it impossible for me to drive...safely, at any rate.  

I promise I'll never bitch about a lack of get-togethers up here again.  

Sorry.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 6:04:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:59:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Well Me and My AR10 Managed To make it At about 4:15Pm After Getting lost Never follow the directions of map quest. I olny seen 1 person there with a Black Rifle and that person Never Heard of ARFCOM . I Intrudced My AR10 to a Hunter Let him shoot it he Liked it alot . I Only shot a couple hundred rounds Boy is the AR10 a Head Turner At that Range A Hunter Asked Me If I have a M16 I said No Its A AR10 It Shoots 308 Cal Semi auto then he said oh Yeah I got One at home.  Well I Guess You guys Bailed Way Before I got there I guess Its No big deal There will be More ARFCOM Shoots Any Way Me and my Black rifle had a Blast.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:42:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Hey guys

We got there about 1130 and were there probably until about 4 or so, then headed into Mt Horerb to get some lunch.

Didnt see any ARFCOMMERS, sounds like a few of you may have shown up later, sorry we missed you. We had about 10 SAFER members there, I was the only one with a black rifle, someone else had an SKS and we shot rifles for a bit, then went and tooled around with our pistols.

Ran into a couple of people there, no one had heard of ARFCOM, but a few people were interested in the AR and I let them put a few rounds through it. I think I created some believers!

It was actually a really nice day for shooting, calm and not too cold. Dinner at the Grumpy Troll was excellent too - their beer is awesome! Definitely recommend to anyone passing through Mt. Horeb.

So, sorry we missed anyone who showed up - if there had been anyone there we probably would have stuck around later, but since there wasnt, we bugged out when we got hungry.

I'll let you guys know when the next SAFER shoot is, and Im sure we'll be able to meet up at one of the next ARFCOM or SAFER shoots.

Til then - take care,

-Adrian
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top