Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2004 9:35:42 AM EDT
Do you Guys Want to Get Together as A group and Do some Shooting This Weekend Or next Weekend Some Ware around The Madison Area.

New Link
SAFER SHOOT SUNDAY OCTOBER 31

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:04:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey Rob,

AnnieO and I can't make it, as we will be on Vacation.

Also, you may not have caught it, but a large number of our WI group just went through the Defensive Edge Tactical Carbine I & II course this weekend.  I won't speak for them, but we just might be "shot out" for a couple of weeks.

Lord knows we're close to dry on ammo...
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 11:59:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Where do you shoot in the Madtown area?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:29:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

State Street's always entertaining.

Can't make anything for a couple of weeks, gotta get caught up from my absence during the class. Would be VERY interested in a shoot, or even just a dinner, in the Madison area.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:03:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The only place close I have Been shooting at is Deerfield Pistol And Only Hand guns And that was a couple of months ago. I usually Shoot My Black rifles In Northern MN . I have Only shot my black Rifles Several Times in WI and That Was over 5 years ago And the Range Masters Had Rules like 1 shot every 10 seconds. I am Thinking Of Joining The stoughton Shooting range Its Fairly Close.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:15:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The only place close I have Been shooting at is Deerfield Pistol And Only Hand guns And that was a couple of months ago. I usually Shoot My Black rifles In Northern MN . I have Only shot my black Rifles Several Times in WI and That Was over 5 years ago And the Range Masters Had Rules like 1 shot every 10 seconds. I am Thinking Of Joining The stoughton Shooting range Its Fairly Close.

You should think about joining the Deerfield Rod & Gun club if you already shoot at the Pistol range in town.  The R&G club is just North of Deerfield off of BB (I think).  They have a modest 100 yard rifle range and 25 yard pistol range, plus two trap fields.  Membership is $35 for the year, Jan-Jan.

I don't get on ar15.com nearly as much as I use to, so if a Madison-local event comes up can somone email me?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:46:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Also, you may not have caught it, but a large number of our WI group just went through the Defensive Edge Tactical Carbine I & II course this weekend.  I won't speak for them, but we just might be "shot out" for a couple of weeks.

Lord knows we're close to dry on ammo...

Gettin dry on ammo? No way!
But I did order 2 more cases of XM193 from ammoman.

Not shot out at all, either, but I can't make it.
Wish I had time to take Carbine III while the rest of this is still fresh. Unless the southern part of the state has a mild winter it's probably about over for me until spring. The deer hunters will be occupying the local range pretty steadily until snow flys up here and after that it's closed because the snowmobile trail runs thru it!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:00:08 AM EDT
[#7]
You guys should have a shoot closer to Minnesota once in awhile
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:52:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Tommy, all,

How about an WI members dinner?  There is a great resteraunt in Johnson Creek called Highway Harry's.  It is a little dressy, but the food is outstanding.  It is also smack between Milwaukee and Madison, so we should be able to get most everyone from the southern part of the state over there without a lot of muss and fuss, on a semi regular basis.

I also hereby propose an annual WI members dinner/party in Wisconsin Dells.  Central location for everyone in WI and we can just rent a small convention room at one of the nice hotels, get rooms, and have food/beverages catered.  Funded by dividing the total costs for dinner and drinks among the number of pre-registered participants.  Would be a nice dinner outing for significant others as well.  Thoughts?  
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:58:02 PM EDT
[#9]
WI shoot - can't this weekend have Judicious Use of Deadly Force at Heritage

Dinner - would be sweet - I don't know how long JUDF is going to run though, so this weekend may not be good.

Our next SAFER shoot is going to be Sunday the 31st of October, in the afternoon, at the Yellowstone Lake range (about an hour SW of Madison). Would you guys like to meet up with us for that? I'd be game for dinner afterwards and we may likely have some people who would be cool with it too. There are a couple good restaurants  in the Mt Horeb area - one restaurant/bar I liked was called the "Grumpy Troll" or something like that.

I also like the idea of a WI Dells convention - we could probably even swing a midwest thing, get some speakers and crap if we wanted to go all out.

I'll put up another post announcing it so people can see it.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=21&t=186764&page=1www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=21&t=186764&page=1
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:23:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Kill, I could go for the dinner thing.  Gives me a chance to remmeber names...like yours..Oldsmobile Man...?
Anyways, one of these days you should come down to Racine and shoot.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:12:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Just Added Link To Top
Great Idea
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:56:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Tommy, all,

How about an WI members dinner?  There is a great resteraunt in Johnson Creek called Highway Harry's.  It is a little dressy, but the food is outstanding.  It is also smack between Milwaukee and Madison, so we should be able to get most everyone from the southern part of the state over there without a lot of muss and fuss, on a semi regular basis.

I also hereby propose an annual WI members dinner/party in Wisconsin Dells.  Central location for everyone in WI and we can just rent a small convention room at one of the nice hotels, get rooms, and have food/beverages catered.  Funded by dividing the total costs for dinner and drinks among the number of pre-registered participants.  Would be a nice dinner outing for significant others as well.  Thoughts?  

Sounds like an excellent idea.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:13:58 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Tommy, all,

Sounds like an excellent idea.

I have to look at my work schedule, and I will arrange with Ray to use the group list for notifications and stuff then.......I would like to do a local dinner ASAP, within the next two weeks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top