Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2004 3:46:09 AM EDT
Alrighty folks.

Bob Pucci (and his dog Rocco) are having a show at the Waukesha Expo this coming weekend.  Our "Arfcom WI Hometown Group" will be meeting for breakfast.

Loctation:

Denny's Resturaunt
Corner of Grandview and Silvernail.
9AM on Saturday 9/18

Directions:

Take US Route 94 and exit at #293 (County Hwy T) going South.
At Silvernail Road (200 yards S of the exit), make a left at the light
The parking lot entrance is on the left.

Confirmed Headcount:

FMD & Wife
Throttle Junkie & Wife
Drawcut (& Wife?)
BulletcatchR
Witch-Doctor
MisterPX?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:17:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll be there thats so early he he Second shift sucks good thing I don't work fridays!
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:31:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Who else wants in?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:33:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll be there and Diane may come too.  I also called the Expo Center office today and verified that the show is still on.  Ladies and Gentlemen, open your wallets!

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:01:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'll be there and Diane may come too.  I also called the Expo Center office today and verified that the show is still on.  Ladies and Gentlemen, open your wallets!

Excellent.  Carrie heard the ad on the radio as well, so it looks like we've got a big green light.

BulletcatchR, I'll also bring your ammo order.

-FMD
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:55:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll be there
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:05:34 AM EDT
[#6]
First post to indicate CONFIRMED headcount.

Maybe we will need to call ahead and make reservations?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:21:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Carrie heard the ad on the radio as well, so it looks like we've got a big green light.

What radio station is she listening to?
I've never heard a funshow ad on major media.
Good potential for humorous marketing.

We'll (2) be there for sure.
With more than six people attending, we might wanna give Denny's a heads up.
I dunno if they will take a reservation, but it'd suck to have the arfcom party split across distant tables.

Does anyone have Don Kingsbury's ph#?
I could probably get it if I can't find it around the house.
If you don't know him, he's a fairly major activist for the gun cause around these parts.
He's at most every Waukesha show, and usually takes the mic for a few minutes and tries to convince people to fill out a postcard or make a phone call to the state legislature.
I saw him a bunch when we were trying to get PPA through.
If I can get a hold of him I'd like to pass along an invite unless anyone has an 'arfcom only' type of objection.

This is really the show season; they're everywhere.
Tough duality ........ funshow ..... treestand ...... funshow ...... treestand ......... which way do I go?
Nice problem to have!  
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:50:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
...unless anyone has an 'arfcom only' type of objection...

I don't think that'll be the case.

As far as the Radio, either WKLH, WLZR, or WISN (no idea, but chances are good 1 of those 3, as she seldom listens to anything else).  I'd say WISN most likely.

-FMD
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 8:09:18 AM EDT
[#9]
I'll have to work on some stuff at home to free up some time.......I'll try to make it.

ETA...I'll be a no show. We will be having my two nieces over for the day.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:19:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm going to try to make it. Yeah, I know, "try", well I'm 75% sure I'll be there.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:26:16 AM EDT
[#11]
MP, I just IMed you an invite... and then read your last post.  Glad you could make it (possibly).
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:02:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I know I said I could make it but I won't be able to :(  The friend that wants to go with has to work in the morning so we are going tonight and then I have my Dads Birthday tomorrow, I completely forgot about that one. Good thing my Wife has a good memory :)
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:00:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry to hear that you can't make it, O.

WD, I think everyone else has met at least one member of the group before, with you being the exception.  Feel free to take a look at the photos here so you can tell who it is that you're supposed to be meeting.

That also goes for anyone else that hasn't posted, but would like to come.

-FMD

See y'all at 9 then.  G'night!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:15:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks FMD. See you guys tomorrow.
BTW, does anyone know how late the show is open saturday?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:39:51 PM EDT
[#15]
I believe 5 pm, maybe only till 3 though.  Course, you won't read this until tommorrow probably.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:15:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Nope, still up
Thanks for the info, I was hoping to get there after work... guess not

need... sleeeeep....
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:06:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Morning All!

BTT for the early risers.

If anyone needs further specifics, feel free to IM me.  I'll check just before we leave (8:30 or so).

-FMD
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:43:15 AM EDT
[#18]
So did anyone find anything useful? I picked up some Polish polymer mags and a couple boxes of Norinco 7.62x39 on the cheap :) Hope you guys had a good time!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:10:16 PM EDT
[#19]
I had way too much coffee this morning!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:41:33 PM EDT
[#20]
I picked up some stuff for my M1A, and did a lot of oogling of Garands.  No ammo deals though, and some people still wanted pre-ban prices.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:01:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Yeah, their were lots of folks selling used [read: "pre-ban"] stuff for outrageous prices (I saw well-used Armalit/Eagle 16' A2 going for $1100) .

I guess they didn't hear that the sunset happened.

We spent most of our money at the M&A Parts table.  I've got two AR projects to complete, and picked up a lot of stuff that was backordered at FAC.

Osirisx, we missed you at breakfast, guy!

-FMD

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:03:01 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I had way too much coffee this morning!

No such thing, man. (he says as his hands shake so badly it's tough to type).
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:05:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Pretty much the same here. Picked up some odds and ends, but nothing major.  Just shook my head at the beat up mags listed at $20-$30.  Breakfast was fun, though.  Good to see everyone.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:13:49 AM EDT
[#24]
My "low expectations" were met quite well,for the show that is.No pleasant surprises like getting to see areally nice(non-century) FAL.I used to have fun 'sweating' the 'in the know' century sellers,asking to take off the handguards and get a better look at things,hehehehe.The rest of the show was the same-old.same old.stuff I saw last year.One table had a pretty sweet but too expensive Mossy 590,unfortunately(or maybe fortunately) my pockets were empty.
I'm waiting for a call I might bop back out for a few minutes today.I shoulda hauled my russkie sks with me yesterday,I am seeing less and less of these on the tables,only one other guy I saw (the short time Iwas there)was hauling one around.
NO tables or bins stacked with Glock hi-caps,bummer.

The high point was getting to shoot the sh!t alittle at breakfast with the WI Arfcom.I like the 'back route' we took from Denny's to the show.I swear it's the same route I took one time when I got lost looking for the show.

BulletcatchR
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:51:26 AM EDT
[#25]
I do a quick sweep past all the tables, trying to spot the couple of things that I really want.
Then, I settle in to work the show over.

You guys give up too easy.

There was one dealer with NIW LEO full-caps for $25 a pop.
He had a big bin full of them, keeping a few on the table at all times.
Didn't have my models, but they WERE THERE; endless supply of G-17 and some SIG flavors too.
The vendor was every bit as amazed as we are that the rest of the folks were pretending the ban hadn't sunset.
"I'm only makin' a couple bucks a pop, but they're moving."

After some wheelin & dealin, I came out well.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:20:01 AM EDT
[#26]

We spent most of our money at the M&A Parts table.  I've got two AR projects to complete, and picked up a lot of stuff that was backordered at FAC.

Osirisx, we missed you at breakfast, guy!

-FMD

Yeah the M&A guy gave my buddy some parts (springs) for free to see if that was the problem with his AR, I didn't even get out of bed until 10:30 he he, stayed up late playing around with my goodies. And yeah I saw alot of stuff marked Pre ban, but most guys that I talked to seemed kind of shady when you said something about it. I saw a Green Waffle mag but the guy wanted 39 bucks for it, sorry I can get 4 Polys from K-Var for that Happy
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:37:48 PM EDT
[#27]
If you want an AK drum, I'll hook you up.  I have a 75, and a 100 rndr.  I just can't get them to work.  I tried at the sep Arfcom shoot, but was unsuccessful.  You may have more patience than I do though.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:45:26 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
If you want an AK drum, I'll hook you up.  I have a 75, and a 100 rndr.  I just can't get them to work.  I tried at the sep Arfcom shoot, but was unsuccessful.  You may have more patience than I do though.

Chinese?? Oh Oh!! let me know! so I can sell a kidney or two hough
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:15:02 PM EDT
[#29]
I went to the show on Sat AM. I also spent a little time at the M&A Parts table.
Not impressed by prices as usual. My record for never buying a gun at a gunshow stands.
I did buy a guncase. That was it. Bought it from a lady from Fondulac--she knows me from other shows and is always asking me for free medical advice. She's nice though.

Heard alot of lines of BS.

Looked seriously at a suppressed Ingram MAC-10 for $3300 and explained to some guy also looking at it that he should incorporate as his CLEO won't sign. Still thinking about it myself. The MAC-10 that is.

Saw a nice HK-91. Mint. For $2600 though. Ouch. It was really nice though. I'll probably end up regretting not buying.

Another guy was selling Colt uppers and lower receivers, etc. but he told me he got the shit from RGUNS. End of that deal. Shit, I put 6 ARs together this week. I doubt I'd have bought anymore anyhow.

The customers weren't the only ones not acting like the ban is dead. So were the vendors for the most part. They were really hoping no one else noticed it seems. And their prices reflected it.

I'm thinking about building my own  PARA FAL currently. Tired of waiting already
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:07:45 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm sure DSA is cranking the para's out as we speak.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top