Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 9:07:27 AM EDT
Hello all....I was turned onto this sight by a moderator from IA who also happens to be in the same guard unit I am.  He let me know that this was a great place for info of all kinds so: I'm wondering if anyone happens to know how bad St. Croix county is to work with for an FFL and possibly a classIII?  
I'm looking foreward to hearing from some of you and maybe getting to a shoot and meeting some of you.  Thanks for any help in advance.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:01:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I live in St. Croix County and I have two friends with Class III weapons. They have told me that they have not had any problems with transfers, or law enforcement approval.  I would be interested in shooting with you sometime. I live in Hudson, currently but I am at school in Fargo ND right now. But I come back home a lot. Give me a email or a PM if you would like to go shooting some time.

Chris J
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:27:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Chris....just to ask...if I run into anything I need a little help with....any chance these friends of yours would lend me an ear?  Hey, love to go shooting....still waiting on my first AR.  Going through the build one, or buy one question.  I'm in the hunt for some ranges that don't have any gripes with "black rifles" as well.  As soon as I'm set Chris...will drop you a line.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#3]
If you happen to end up just a little south in Pierce County, The District Attorney is supposed to be excellent for the signoff. He has signed off on several suppressors thatI know poeple have gotten recently. I know there are a lot of Class III users in St Croix. Deputy Tom Vandenburg from the St Croix Sheriff's Office is a huge firearms enthusiast and may be able to help you with letting you know who to talk to for a signoff there.
As to a Class III dealer, the closest I am aware of is Lauer Weaponry in Chippewa Falls. Price-wise, they seem fairly high, but the other options are driving to the east part of WI.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:53:08 PM EDT
[#4]
just talked to Lauer and they've sold stuff to people in the Hudson area.  i'm thinking of maybe moving there and commuting to mnpls for work.  i can't get sign offs in douglas county and all i want is a couple cans and a sbr.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:31:41 PM EDT
[#5]
If you guys are ever interested I shoot at the Hudson Rod & Gun, or River Falls. The ranges are fine with black rifles but they are not into rapid fire. If you guys live close to the Hudson area I have plenty of ARs HKs AKs AUGs and FALs we can shoot. And maybe we could shoot a round of trap.

HueyChief, Inferno, chwi548 and others feel free to send me a email, or PM if you feel like putting in some range time.

Chris
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:24:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:47:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Hudson EH?

I live about 1 mile from rod/gun club

we GOTS to shoot sometime.

was a member, but I only put 3.5 hrs in instead of 4 so they wanted full  renewal price instead of discounted- so I let it lapse- will probably join again soon.- after the 1st of the year
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top