Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2004 3:54:50 AM EDT
The last gun show before the ban expires.  There's another show at the Waukesha Expo Center the following weekend too (Sept. 18 & 19).  But I've got the itch now!  Anyone else?  Not that I'm going to make any big purchases, but there's always plenty of misc stuff I want to pick up.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:47:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I hope so!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:53:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm.  While I wasn't planning on it, I may just have to go.  Drawcut,  if you still have my #, give me a call and maybe we can meet up.

-FMD
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:08:38 AM EDT
[#3]
FMD - I have your # at home.  I'll give you a call after work.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:46:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I knew there was a show somewhere this weekend.

Can't find my fliers.

Thought it was the circle-B show.

I can make state fair park.
Probably saturday for me.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:16:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I may go if the wife lets me have some cash, it might be hard considering I just ordered stuff from K-Var,  If I go I will find something to buy
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:03:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
FMD - I have your # at home.  I'll give you a call after work.

Got your message.  You can always give me a yell on my cell, or call the 888# during bidness hours.

Maybe we should get an Arfcom meet & greet for everyone planning to attend.  There's a good diner right around the corner from St. Fair Park.

Anyone else in?

If so, give me a shout via IM, and I'll get a phone# out to you.

-FMD
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:03:36 PM EDT
[#7]
So I drive down to the Fair grounds a nice 45 minute drive if you ad in picking up my buddy, and we drive all over the grounds. All we find is a Fun Show, yeah arcade machines!! We ask one of the guys if there is a gun show and he says very rudly that" Maybe you should ask that cop!!" Right there is a west Allis officer and he tells us nothing was scheduled for that weekend but the arcade dorks. Oh well!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:20:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Hmmmm.

http://www.wsfp.state.wi.us/home/sf2/events/september04.html

SFP says it's on the schedule.

Chris, if you're willing to take another stab at it, we'll be meeting for b'fast  Sat morning.

-FMD
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:21:47 PM EDT
[#9]
OsirisX, that pretty much happened to me at state fair park last spring.

I was off by a week somehow.

Showed up at the park and they had a home improvement show or something.
The guy taking parking $$ straightened me out before I paid.

You coming or not??
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:52:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hmmmm.

Chris, if you're willing to take another stab at it, we'll be meeting for b'fast  Sat morning.

-FMD

Thats where I got the Info as well, the cop even told me that the building where the Arcade machines were was the same one the Gun Shows are in. :(  I may go tomorrow, just have to make sure its worth the drive.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:18:20 PM EDT
[#11]
pucci has a show this weekend in onalaska and next weekend in waukeeshaw expo i think, who's show is this weekend down there??
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:19:54 AM EDT
[#12]
OsirisX,

Dayum.

Well, it looks like we'll still be meeting for breakfast.  We'll see what happens, and if nothing else, plan to meet next Saturday at Pucci's show at the Waukesha Expo.

Biff,

It's supposed to be a Wisconsin Sport & Military Firearms Collectors Association show.

-FMD
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:52:55 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
pucci has a show this weekend in

The dog is such a local celebrity that he's calling it "Bob and Rocco Productions" or something like that.

I always bring dog treats to a pucci show, its become tradition.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:55:13 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Hmmmm.

-FMD

That's where I got my info that there was supposed to be a show.  There's also an 800 # on that page with recorded info on events.  I just called it and there is no mention of a gun show - but they do say there is a pinball machine auction.

My appologies to all if I've posted bad info.  Every other time I've used that web page for events it's been accurate.

Also - my info on the Waukesha show came off of the Waukesha Expo Center web page schedual.  Now, I think I better confirm that one before anyone else makes a wasted trip.  Sorry guys.

FMD - I'm going to try and give you a call before you leave.  If I can't get you in time then I'll just run up and meet for breakfast.  Maybe we can think of something else to do in town.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:09:10 AM EDT
[#15]
DC,

Looks like TJ may have a 20 on another show in the area (Cedarburg?)...

See y'all at breakfast!

Anyone esle wants to come, we'll be meeting at the diner at the end of the stip mall just south of State Fair Park, on the east side 84th, between Greenfield and National (CRS Disease, don't remember the name of the place).

-FMD
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:31:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Yeah I'll be going to the Waukesha one, been plannin that one for a while now, I just wanna get something. You know you just have an urge to buy sometimes :)
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:31:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Well, breskfast was great, and it was good to meet (despite there being no gun show).

Maybe we should do it again before next weekend's show in Waukesha.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:57:08 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Well, breskfast was great, and it was good to meet (despite there being no gun show).

Maybe we should do it again before next weekend's show in Waukesha.

I might be down for that :) Hopefully I can get some more cash together for next weeks show.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:02:32 PM EDT
[#19]
I'd meet up befor the Waukesha show.

Bulletcatchr
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:25:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

What? No gun show?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:21:18 AM EDT
[#21]
WD:

Nope the SFP was wrong on their info.

BC:

Are you sayin' yer up to come waaay out here?  If so, we'd be glad to put you up for the night!

-FMD
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:10:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Count us in for a pre-Waukesha-show meet up.

No idea where to gather.
I don't remember any resturants between the airport and 94; so I'm no help.
There's an animal shelter, we could ask for their bunnies and have a barbeque. hey
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:36:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Actually, there's a Denny's at the corner of HwyT (Grandview) and Silvernail Road (just off of 94).

BTW, TJ.  HAWS is off limits, unless you like Chinese food .
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:48:30 AM EDT
[#24]
In and out like the wind bro.But thanks for the offer,it's nice nice to know someone in that neck of woods.

I don't know what it is,,,times change but gun shows of the late 70's and 80's when I 'come of age' were nothing like this.I guess the WWW let's 'everyone' knows exactly what everythings supposed to be worth,blah blah blah,too many 'experts' who had read something on the WWW,,,,used to be a person could haggle and tell someone they were full of sh!t,hehehe,oh and the toys were so much more,well,it was like a candy store.
There are some good dealers out there,I don't wanna slam everyone in one blow.They know theyre good cause they got some of my moneys,hehehe.

Also every Yahoo(in a good way)is gonna be out of the woodwork heading for some pre-ban stuff,especially after all the media hype about weaps flooding the street.On top of that,I'm sure there are plenty of people who wouldn't have noticed or cared about AWB dead but now gotta have one.dumbass ratio at the show is bound to rise.Mix that with all the folks who did their homework...
I try to get what I need and get out out of of Dodge.Once or twice I stray from the program like when StubbyGear(Eric) worked the Waukesha show( and I sold a rifle that day thru a BBS hookup,a good place for a F2F )and I hung around a little...had alot of fun but I spent Soooooo much money.

Waukesha and Shawano are a couple of my favorite shows and as long as I got some "cigerattes and dark glasses" I love a road trip.
So..bright and early Saturday?Denny's sounds good to me.

BulletcatchR

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:58:01 AM EDT
[#25]
A pre show get together at Denny's sounds good to me.  (Those biscuits and gravy were good!  I think I'll just order whatever FMD is having from now on! ) I plan on calling the Waukesha Expo Center office during the week to verify this show.  Don't want a repeat of SFP.  Once I (or anyone else) can verify that there really is a show, we should start a new thread and make plans.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:07:19 AM EDT
[#26]
http://www.cwlp.org/gun_shows.htm

here are some of my other shortcuts.

http://www.buckbait.com/shows/WI.html

http://www.midwestshooting.com/gunshows.htm

http://www.shotgunnews.com/gunshow/

http://www.setyoursights.net/gun-shows/wi-gunshows.shtml

http://www.wisconsinoutdoor.com/gunshow.htm

BulletcatchR
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:02:19 PM EDT
[#27]
So how about the show in Fond du Lac in October?  Any of you guys going to that one?  I have never been to the Fond du Lac show, and I wonder if it's worth the trip.  Have any of you guys been to it?  I may be meeting a member of another forum that I read.  We may be doing a trade.  I am bringing my CETME to sell or trade unless I sell it before then.  Maybe a group of us will be there on the same day?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:48:44 PM EDT
[#28]
I've never driven on HWY 33 any east of HWY 44,just out of Portage.Is 33 a 'fast'(wide lanes wide shoulders) Highway between Portage  andFon Du Lac?

BulletcatchR
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:48:47 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
So how about the show in Fond du Lac in October?

Dale.

That weekend is BulletFest in TX, and the likely date for a WI Carbine class through Defensive Edge.

I'm not sure how many folks will be available...
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:11:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Dale, the Fond Do Lac show is held in an 'expo center' that could double as an airplane hanger.
I think it runs somewhere close to 400 tables, and on Sat morn/afternoon it can be so packed that you're fighting for elbo room in every isle.

If its cold out, the fall show can be humid with breath and body heat inside.
I've had to stand in the foyer for a good five minutes waiting for my glasses to clear.
It doesn't bother me much, but some folks don't like dense crowds, so I figured I'd mention it as a caveat.

Gene Potter runs it if IIRC.
They're really sick of having vultures hawking the entry way, hovering over every 'walker' that brings in an arm.
A casual, "Hey, whatcha got there," will get you yelled at if your by the door.

All good stuff in my opinion; lotsa guns, lotsa gun people .... families pushing strollers .... boy scouts working the concession ..... good times.

We always find something there.

They run a little concession stand that features burgers and brats that actually taste good.

It can't be more than 30 min from you, surprised you've never gone before.
Its a 90 mile trek for us, and we wouldn't miss it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:37:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Starting another thread for the Waukesha Show...

...here: ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=21&t=184799&page=1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top