Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2004 3:08:33 PM EDT
Not sure this should go into EE under "group buys", but:

Cabella's is selling bulk LC, 62-grain, M855 for $400/2000 rnds, packed in 6 .50 cal ammo cans.  I'm pretty sure I'll only want 3 cans (1k rounds).

Anyone wanna split the cost and shipping?  I'll deliver your 3 cans, or you can pick them up at my place.

Here are the details:

http://emsiandd.com/arfcom/images/ammo.jpg

"This newly-manufactured ammunition is produced to mil-spec requirements, but is production overrun. The package includes a required warning label stating "for training use only" since it can't be used to fulfill the original contract; but may be sold as surplus.

Shoot the same ammunition that our troops abroad trust their lives to in these bulk-packaged .223 rounds. Manufactured in the USA by Lake City Arsenal, this overrun of ammunition is not remanufactured or below-spec rounds. The 62-grain, steel-core M855 Green Tip Penetrator is the same firepower supplied to our elite units, including the Navy SEALs. Stringent military standards ensure reliable, consistent performance for your target shooting and varmint hunting. Muzzle velocity: 3,070 feet-per-second. Includes six .50-caliber, military-surplus ammo cans. Per 2,000 rounds."

Y'all let me know!

-FMD
[ETA Photo& description]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:12:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Thought it was about BEER...hmmm

MT
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:17:12 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Thought it was about BEER...hmmm

MT

That's "SE WI", MT...'course if you wanna come by to pick some up...

I edited the title to reflect that it was M855 and not Miller I was sharing, though.  Thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:40:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd be interested. How soon wil lyou be receiving it? Where in Wi?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:48:29 PM EDT
[#4]
FMD,
Wally World sells Winchester White Box at almost exactly the same price. (Their boxes of 40 go for $7.58. Factor in 5% tax and it works out to 19.8 cents a round. The Cabellas deal works out to 20 cents a round.) Once you factor in shipping, Wally World is cheaper. The one around here has no problem ordering cases for me (A 'case' to them is 10 boxes, or 400 rounds.)  Otherwise, I'd be in with you on this in a heartbeat.

Just thought I'd share an alternative.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:14:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'd be interested. How soon wil lyou be receiving it? Where in Wi?

1 Cool
2 Was waiting to see if anyone had any interest
3 Waukesha

-FMD
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:23:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
FMD,
Wally World sells Winchester White Box at almost exactly the same price...
Just thought I'd share an alternative.

Tommy,

Thanks, and forgive me (dmn n00bs), but Win White Box?

I've got a box of 44 Grain Varminter that I bought before the WI shoot.  It was the "big" 40 round white box.  Is that what you were referring to, or am I missing out on something else at WallyWorld?

The reason I ask, is that I was looking forward to purchasing something that would function well in the wife's new Adco-built 1:8 20" upper.  It was my impression that we'd have to have a heaver bullet, with 62 grains being on the lower end of the acceptable scale.

Let me know, so I can get back to NAM if we're both stil interested...

-FMD
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:55:26 AM EDT
[#7]
LMK about the white box too,62gr?I missed that in Baraboo.

I'd be interested in 62 gr.

BulletcatchR
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:00:32 AM EDT
[#8]
I've got to go to WallyWorld today, so I'll check on what they have as far as Win Wht Box, and see if it's 62 Gr.

If not, I'll IM anyone interested in the Lake City @ Cabella's.

-FMD

Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:00:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Sorry guys, I was referring to Winchester white box 55 grain FMJ. Didn't realize you were looking for hevier bullet weight. FMD, from what very little I've read on the subject, I thought 55 g would work in 1:8 barrels, and that problems didn't start until you hit the lower weights, but my total knowledge comes from reading a couple of posts on the subject.

Sorry to have sown confusion.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:16:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Tommy:

No problem on the confusion.  I'm the AR noob, but I did try to do my due dillegence by looking up the specs at ammo-oracle.com.

The wife's 20" is shaping up to be 1/2 SPR, 1/2 Varminter.  I think that the big difference between the 55 and 62gr bullets is at the longer ranges, which is where she's looking to shoot

Besides, I could use the .50 cal cans head
BulletcatchR, I think you're a bit far out for delivery.  We could do it at the mid-Sept shoot, but even that shoot doesn't happen, I'll be out in Madison come the end of the month.

I think that's about 1/2 way to you, isn't it (again, if you're interested)?

If we get some more interest, we just might have to pick up 4k rounds.

-FMD

Edited for clarity
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:44:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Wish I could FMD, I'm sitting low on ammo, but I'm saving up for a really big order of black hills ammo.

And whats up with a mid sept shoot?
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:01:29 AM EDT
[#12]
let me know what you decide. I'd be interested in ~1000 rounds.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 10:24:07 AM EDT
[#13]

FMD
I'd go in on 1000 rounds if it'll round out an order.

Tommy Trauma,what Black hills you looking at?68 gr?
I'd like to get 500-1000 68 gr and 1-200 rounds of heavier to try.Every thing I've seen at shows so far was a rip.

Just keep me posted.

Stan
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 11:46:37 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
FMD
I'd go in on 1000 rounds if it'll round out an order.

Tommy Trauma,what Black hills you looking at?68 gr?
I'd like to get 500-1000 68 gr and 1-200 rounds of heavier to try.Every thing I've seen at shows so far was a rip.

Just keep me posted.

Stan

That was me talking about the black hills. I'll let ya know when I order it.

ETA yah 68gr
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 2:52:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Okay here's what we got:

FMD, 1.5K @ $300 + shipping
NAM, 1.5K @ $300 + shipping
BulletcatcheR 500 @$100 + shipping

Anybody else interested in any quantity, please IM me!

Thanks,

FMD

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:41:22 AM EDT
[#16]
BTT

Last call!

ETA ordering.  See above for the quantity I ordered for you.

-FMD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top