Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2004 7:58:54 PM EDT
Well its new and my first :) polished the charging handle myself :) good first project, it getting black poly furniture before the next shoot hopefully http://webpages.charter.net/sicksider/ak.JPG

hope this works if not somebody tell me how to post pics the right way
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:20:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats.

You're in for a good time.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:21:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats on your First,  Looks great
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:38:43 PM EDT
[#3]
nice.  i just got an SAR1 this summer.  i put the green kvar stock set on it.  no pics yet.  the AK in my avatar was a WUM1 that i sold last year.  i thought i didn't like AK's so i dumped it for cheap.  doh!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:50:54 PM EDT
[#4]
You'll be bump firing till the wood smokes in no time now
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 11:05:57 PM EDT
[#5]
just saw the pictures FMD posted, can't wait to meet you all, I see I missed a good time!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:33:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Congrats!

WASR 10?

Am considering delaying the purchase of a CAR upper to pick one up...

Question is, how are these compared to, say; an Arsenal SLR101 at 1.5x the price?

Anybody with AK experience et me know.

-FMD
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:14:38 AM EDT
[#7]
well I can just tell you that  the quility isn't the best, but hey, I paid 350 for it so oh well. It shoots and thats what counts. I would have to say though that it is better quility than what I expected, from the research I did before buying it, it seems the newer they are the better. I have zero trigger slap and only had to file a little bit of the mag well. It took the 30 steels it came with just fine but my Bulgy waffles needed a little more room. The finish is crap it scratches easy but I'm probably gonna recoat it myself, I have alot of painting experiance so I don't think it will be that bad. they only major problem( and this is almost a given with romanians I hear) is that my gas block is slightyly canted to the left. Not enough to effect operation.  I'm really looking at a Arsenal Inc SA M-7 Carbine, Fac has them for 538, those look beautiful!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:20:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Dude, I had my SLR95 at the shoot.  Being milled, it's built like a tank, and I'm sure you may have seen me tossing it into the bushes when it got too hot ( I wonder how that happened?).
Quality is first rate, except for the painted on OEM finish.  I'd love to pick up a new Arsenal in 5.45, if they ever make one.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:13:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Dang, the wife's convinced we need more AR's, so the AK is getting nixed in favor of another lower...

Looks like I'll just have to fondle yours at the next shoot, M'PX hock.gif
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 10:13:23 PM EDT
[#10]
You're more than welcome to Put a few clips through mine :)
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 10:19:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Welcome to the desiese.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 10:45:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice...

No collection's complete without one...

Now, side-plate red dot... Makes up for those gawd-awful AK iron sights...
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 11:21:56 PM EDT
[#13]
yeah I may pick up a Kopra if I can find one at a resonable price, otherwise I want another AK, jeeez ..... since I got this thing I just have to have another!!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:00:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Update: Tonight my buddy ad I straightened out the gas chamber. One pin came out like butter and was able to be reused the other was a loss and had to be drilled out. Then I took a Deadblow hammer and knocked the chamber straight and put the old pin in, he then cut a steel dowel down to fit the second hole and bam all done, oh and instead of tapping the pins in we just pressed them in with a vise. I just couldn't look at the thing being all crooked  
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:10:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Got my Stuff from K-var :) now to thread the barrel!
http://webpages.charter.net/sicksider/Evil.JPG
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:20:21 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Got my Stuff from K-var :) now to thread the barrel!
webpages.charter.net/sicksider/Evil.JPG

Ubercool!  Now I'm jealous!

Note to self:  Convince wife we need to buy AK's...
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:18:52 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm trying to get the wife to let me get a Polish underfolder from Atlantic
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top