Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/13/2004 7:34:19 AM EDT
Just wondering if anyone would be interested in getting together for a hog hunt? I'm still trying toget more info on where the piggies are located exactly I haven't been able to find to much as of yet, but I got an email out to the DNR to see what I can find out from them. I'm also still waiting to hear back from one of the guys we get info for deer season from as he's always out and about in the woods and such.

I thought it might be a cool thing to do a hunt and use the ARs/Aks and other evil rifles.

Let me know what ya'll think.
Link Posted: 6/15/2004 10:16:03 AM EDT
[#1]
im game, got a few friends that may go as well, find a good butcher as pigs are a royal PITA to process
Link Posted: 6/15/2004 11:17:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I juist an email back from the DNR today and the warden said the best areas he knows of so far are in the Gays Mills area of Crawford county. I don't know anyone in that area of the county. I'm a little more familiar with the DeSoto area cuz that where I der hunt at. I'm still working on this though. Nice to see someone else is interested.
Link Posted: 6/15/2004 11:50:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I could be persuaded into it. I won't be able to get this November for deer...so a compromise could be reached with a summer hog hunt. Now I have to decide what to bring along.....AR, AK, SKS, FAL?
Link Posted: 6/16/2004 4:20:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I could be persuaded into it. I won't be able to get this November for deer...so a compromise could be reached with a summer hog hunt. Now I have to decide what to bring along.....AR, AK, SKS, FAL?

Bring them all!
Link Posted: 6/16/2004 9:05:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I might be interested, but if it's going to be on a weekend I need to know a bit in advance, as I need to not only probably set up childcare, but I also will be working most weekends until August. I might be able to scrounge up a couple other hunters as well, as I know someone that has a farm north of that way.
Link Posted: 6/19/2004 8:45:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I may be interested......keep me posted!
Thanks,
Dave
[email protected]

Link Posted: 6/29/2004 8:42:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I would be interested also.

One warning though - I have never been hunting before.

Av.
Link Posted: 6/29/2004 9:06:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I would be interested also.

One warning though - I have never been hunting before.

Av.

Not a problem.

I'm still waiting to hear from the game warden in the area. I've been told he has a list of people who will allow hunting on thier properties. I'm also trying to fins out about any public hunting areas in the area. I know of a couple in crawford but they are not in the area where the hogs are at.
Link Posted: 6/29/2004 11:15:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Um,does age mater?I would like to but I'm only 14.I have a AR though!!!BTW,I am extrmeely interested in this.It seems it would be really fun.And exactly when would this take place?
Link Posted: 6/29/2004 11:19:44 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Um,does age mater?I would like to but I'm only 14.I have a AR though!!!BTW,I am extrmeely interested in this.It seems it would be really fun.And exactly when would this take place?

Working on a lot of that still.

YoU would be more than welcome to come and hunt. The only thing is that by law you would have to have legal parent/guardian with you. Thats the only legal problems I could see. Thats assuming you've taken a hunters safety course already.

Also guys I just found out there is some public hunting lands in the Gays Mills area, but the site lists it for waterfowl I got to find out some more on it. yet another thing to e0mail the gmae warrden about!
Link Posted: 6/29/2004 11:26:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks!!!!I' trying to convince my dad to let me go though.All I need is this info...

1.Exact place
2.Date

and would i need to take hunters safety first?I didnt take it yet(not 14 yet,still 1 month to go...)

Again,I really want to do this and it seems really fun.

Thanks,Tyler

BTW,I live in Schofield.
Link Posted: 6/29/2004 11:33:19 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Thanks!!!!I' trying to convince my dad to let me go though.All I need is this info...

1.Exact place
2.Date

and would i need to take hunters safety first?I didnt take it yet(not 14 yet,still 1 month to go...)

Again,I really want to do this and it seems really fun.

Thanks,Tyler

BTW,I live in Schofield.

Not sure on the time and dates yet. I still got a lot of leg work to do on this.
Yes you would have to complete a hunters safety course first. You have to be 12yo to take hunters safety(thats the minimum age set by the state) yer parents may make you wait longer though. Since this is the first trip it;s goingt o take a little bit longer to get everything planned out. I still have a lot of info that I'm missing or waiting for people to get back to me about.  I just found a public hunting area thats out in the hog area, but the map makes it look like it;s within a twons boundries which is no good.

I'll keep posting updates in here as I get more info.

ETA interesting, the public hunting lands(posted) we hunt deer on are not listed on the DNR site. Wonder why.
Link Posted: 7/2/2004 4:11:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Photoman.....keep us updated as you gather info. Count me in...my Father in law is interestd as well.
Link Posted: 7/13/2004 10:42:42 AM EDT
[#14]
The powers that be at work have decided that I can no longer have my days off at the end of the month so I won't have a chance to get up and scout the area like I wanted to. I'm still working on this though. I just have to find another time to go and check out the area.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:47:08 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm in, let me know and I'll come down from the northwoods.
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 5:17:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Let me know this sounds interesting, I would need to kow a few weeks in advance to get off of work. Hmmmmm...maybe I should ask Issac, seems he can hit moving targets at lets say 50-75yds with his .45. Either way just let me know.

Batch114
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 8:38:14 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Let me know this sounds interesting, I would need to kow a few weeks in advance to get off of work. Hmmmmm...maybe I should ask Issac, seems he can hit moving targets at lets say 50-75yds with his .45. Either way just let me know.

Batch114

Yah and small moving targets at that!
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:10:19 PM EDT
[#18]
That sounds like a grin.  It might be worth considering after there is some snow fall so we can see where they have been and what they have been doing.

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:33:33 PM EDT
[#19]
I would love to take part in a hog hunt.  I have a new SAR-1, 2 AMD-65's and a CETME that haven't killed anything but paper so far!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top