Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2003 9:29:55 AM EDT
So after a 10 day visit with the folks I was giving some thought to moving back.  Can anyone give me a quick rundown on WI gun laws.

what is the waiting period for handgun/longguns

are private sales legal for longguns

are CCW issued or is it

are there caliber bans

I would be coming back from California where it is pretty restrictive.

Thanks in Advance
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 11:05:22 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
So after a 10 day visit with the folks I was giving some thought to moving back.  Can anyone give me a quick rundown on WI gun laws.

what is the waiting period for handgun/longguns  none on long guns and i believe two or three days on hand guns

are private sales legal for longguns both long guns and handguns

are CCW issued or is it not yet but with any luck the veto of the CCW bill will get overridden sometime in January

are there caliber bans none

I would be coming back from California where it is pretty restrictive.

Thanks in Advance

Link Posted: 12/21/2003 12:16:02 PM EDT
[#2]
handguns are 3 days..but he sumed it up real good..just stay out of milwakee
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 6:06:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 1:54:57 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
In my part of the badger handguns are 48 hours.

when did they change that?
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 11:52:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I used to work a gun shop from 1993-2000, and it was always a 48-hour waiting period by law for WI handgun purchases, and I don't believe that's changed. The three days might just have been when shops told you to come back if they count the day you bought it (Day1) and then the waiting days (Day2&Day3).
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 2:41:33 PM EDT
[#6]
was still 48hrs in july when i got my XD-9.

screw the normal stuff..buy a machine gun!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top