Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2003 11:45:42 AM EDT
An email update from Dick Baker said there was a voice vote in the Senate, passing the bill with the Assembly amendments.

Doyle has 7 days to veto this.  That's when the real fight will begin....

Corey
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 12:31:26 PM EDT
[#1]
What were the assembly amendments again? I'm sure it was watered down even more, but in what way(s)?
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 1:13:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What were the assembly amendments again? I'm sure it was watered down even more, but in what way(s)?

the one that i remember that really pissed me off is that they made restaurants that serve beer off limits

every restaurant i like serves beer

i guess the big deal is getting it passed

we can fight to undo the watering down later
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 5:51:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Ammendments:

A) No carry in health care facilities

B) No carry anywhere that has a liquor license

They defeated an attempt to make carry-where-prohibited a FELONY... As it stands, it's a minor civil offense (like a traffic ticket)...

A gazillion other ammendments were defeated...

Now the fight for 2-MORE-VOTES is on...
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 5:59:03 PM EDT
[#4]
what are the consequences of ignroing the "no carry where beer is served" amendment?

would my permit get yanked on one offence?

if not, and it's really like a ticket, then i plan on ignoring that one. i figure the only time i'll be "outed" is if i have to use it, and then ... who cares.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 9:36:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
what are the consequences of ignroing the "no carry where beer is served" amendment?

if not, and it's really like a ticket, then i plan on ignoring that one. i figure the only time i'll be "outed" is if i have to use it, and then ... who cares.

Not even a misdemeanor, IIRC... 'Civil Offense' like speeding or not shoveling snow...
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 4:18:06 AM EDT
[#6]
excellent

does that apply to carrying in places that have posted signs ordering you not to?
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 4:21:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Same thing, only they have to tell you as well that you can't have a gun.
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 4:17:03 PM EDT
[#8]
aha

life is good

if this passes, i'll be able to carry to almost all of the places i regularly go while risking only the equivalent of a traffic ticket and getting fired from my job (assuming my company puts a "no guns" policy in place)

Link Posted: 11/14/2003 10:33:13 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not even a misdemeanor, IIRC... 'Civil Offense' like speeding or not shoveling snow...

Cool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top