Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2003 8:12:59 AM EDT
Title says it all. I know the news last night said an AK was used but I haven't heard anything else.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 9:42:06 AM EDT
[#1]
From what I have heard, deputy was shot while approaching apartment. Gunman was on second floor balcony. Shots fired about 30 feet.
Gunman then fired at second deputy while trying to drag first deputy to safety.

Gunman then retreated into apartment, randomly firing inside apartment. Then apparently nibbled on the barrel of a 9mm...thus ending his existance on this earth.

My heart and sympathies go to the wife and three children of slain deputy.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 11:58:54 AM EDT
[#2]
channel3000.com/news/2571003/detail.html

Authorities Sort Out Events Leading To Green
Lake Deputy Shooting
Bruce Williams Funeral Friday Morning

POSTED: 6:06 p.m. EDT October 21, 2003

GREEN LAKE, Wis. -- There are new details about the fatal shooting of a Green Lake County sheriff's deputy.

District Attorney James Camp said the man who killed the deputy, Arik Tonn, 21, argued with his wife over the discipline of a child, then hit her in the face. She called police and Tonn told her to take the kids and leave.

As she loaded the two kids into their car, gunfire erupted.

Camp said Tonn shot deputy Bruce Williams (pictured, left) from the second-story balcony at the apartment, then he went inside into a bedroom and starting shooting randomly.

He said Tonn fired more than 12 rounds from a semi-automatic AK-47 rifle. The district attorney said Tonn eventually shot himself with a 9 mm pistol.

An autopsy report released late Tuesday afternoon indicates Williams was shot four times. There were an additional 10 bullet holes in his squad car. Deputies fired only one shot in return -- out of concern for the people in the surrounding apartments.

"He just seemed very standbackish, and when I saw him at that time he just seemed disturbed, angered," neighbor Kim Guderski said.

The owner of the building, Michelle Foote, said she spoke to Tonn's wife after the shooting. Foote said she told her that Tonn was afraid to go to jail.

She said her husband had spanked one of the kids, and she asked him to stop.

It's still not clear if there was any alcohol in Tonn's system at the time

Neither Williams' family nor the Green Lake County Sheriff wished to comment Tuesday.

Williams' funeral will be Friday morning in Berlin. Law enforcement agencies from across the state are expected to attend.

Previous Story:
October 20, 2003: Slain Deputy Leaves 3 Children, Wife
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 1:27:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Duh...I never put two and two together....
My best friend from high school was this twit's distant cousin. I'll have to give him a call later tonight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top