Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2003 10:13:22 PM EDT
Who went?

Any input?

I had to work, so I stayed in Milw and waited for the JSOnline version...

From their account, a few of the citizen testimonials had to do with crime victims saying 'If I only had a gun', the Milwaukee Police Association said 'It's a good idea', the Police Chief's Association said 'Bad Idea', and Doyle doesn't like it (we knew this back at campaign time) so we're probably in for another 'by-one-vote' veto override attempt...

Anything I missed???
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 4:59:01 AM EDT
[#1]
No kidding - how about some feedback!  What were the numbers like?  Who was the biggest freakshow that WAVE had show up?  Did the NRA make an appearance?

Don't ya just love that guy?
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 5:51:56 AM EDT
[#2]
man, wanna puke, take a look at the urinal sentinal article on the hearings

no bias there, nope

Link Posted: 9/10/2003 7:15:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I was there for the first few hours. Great turnout, about 4 to 1 in favor. Our new NRA state rep was there, as were many other big guns including Dick Baker. The reps did a GREAT job in outlining the bill and shooting down most points of arguement in their opening statements. The only opposition points that I heard were weak and easily refuted.

From what I understand, the bill should pass without much problem. A veto override, should it be needed, will be close but not imposible. At this point, I'm guardedly optimistic.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 3:14:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I was there for the first few hours. Great turnout, about 4 to 1 in favor. Our new NRA state rep was there, as were many other big guns including Dick Baker. The reps did a GREAT job in outlining the bill and shooting down most points of arguement in their opening statements. The only opposition points that I heard were weak and easily refuted.

From what I understand, the bill should pass without much problem. A veto override, should it be needed, will be close but not imposible. At this point, I'm guardedly optimistic.

One should hope a veto override fares better than the one to save the (incredibly, obviously popular) tax freeze...

I wonder how much the MJS was choking as they admitted the MPD union (Milwaukee Police Association) was pro-PPA...
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 3:44:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I was there.
WE are going to get CCW this year.
Missouri just past CCW by override.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top