Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2003 5:50:15 PM EDT
I was thinking we could do another 'WI Fun Match', this time with centerfire pistols (since rimfire vs centerfire wouldn't exactly be fair)...

Proposed location would be Fletcher Arms in Waukesha (just off Moorland). Cost would be $7.50 each (range fee). Time maybe around noon???

Say, maybe in early June???

Anyone interested, or anyone with comments, please post here...

I'm not a member of any club, so that's why I suggested going to FA...
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:26:23 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I was thinking we could do another 'WI Fun Match', this time with centerfire pistols (since rimfire vs centerfire wouldn't exactly be fair)...

Proposed location would be Fletcher Arms in Waukesha (just off Moorland). Cost would be $7.50 each (range fee). Time maybe around noon???

Say, maybe in early June???

Anyone interested, or anyone with comments, please post here...

yea sounds good. mabey a wheel gun fun match 2 let me know if you need help setting it up.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:52:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Great idea, weekday evening would be less busy but I think its a great plan. Count me in. Bob.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 12:18:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Sure thing, doesn't sound too far off.  There's always the nice new range at Deerfield Professional Equipment Supply, too.  Scott might give us a bit of a price break...
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:47:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm in. Name the time & place. "Have ammo, will travel."
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 9:12:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok, since I'm starting to get more interest, let's say June 8th, 1pm, at Fletcher Arms. It's a very clean 50ft range, cost is 7.50/person. The range is about 4mi from the I-94/Barker Rd freeway exit...

Targets will be 50ft NRA Slow-Fire bullseyes (since they fit on an 8.5x11 sheet of paper, and I can print a bunch of them)... I was thinking of using IDPA targets, but my printer can't handle that big of a sheet of paper... If anyone else has better ideas for targets, let me know...

Weapons: Centerfire Pistols. 'Full size' reccommended, but if you can hit an 8in diameter target at 50ft with a PPK or a .38 snubbie, more power to you... No optics/lasers please...

Procedure:

12 rounds (2 sets of 6, mag capacity irregardless) will be fired at each target. The target will be retracted and scored. Then the next shooter shoots. And so on...

Bring at least 120rds of ammo... If you're bringing a semi-auto, then bring 2 working mags...

[Edited because tatoo wanted to bring a revolver...]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:04:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Weapons: Semi-auto pistols.  

cant us 6 shooters have some fun 2
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:54:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Based on the format I've come up with (slow fire), wheelguns should be fair...

Unless, of course, it's a .22, or it has a scope...

i wouldnt lower my self to that level .38 min mabey .357
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 3:34:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Based on the format I've come up with (slow fire), wheelguns should be fair...

Unless, of course, it's a .22, or it has a scope...

BTW dave sorry about the edit to your post i hit edit when i aimed for quote
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:26:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Maybe I can make it. Sounds like fun.

Of course, I shoot a whole lot better with a dot sight... but this is a good reason to bust out the Rugers.

Pete
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 11:01:48 PM EDT
[#10]
I printed the info, it's on my fridge.  Gonna try and make it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 9:16:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Anyone have an address for this place?

Thanks!

Pete
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 9:18:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I won't be there on the 8th...

The poll (in the other thread) indicates 'Reschedule to the 29th', so the 29th it is, assuming there's still interst... Amd YES, I will mark this one in right...

If you guys want to go tomorrow anyway, the address is:

Fletcher Arms Inc  (262) 549-4488  
1441 E Main St, Waukesha, WI 53186

Have fun...
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 9:44:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Kewl...thanks Dave.  Will be there on the 29th as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top