Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2022 3:57:20 PM EDT
Hey guys. 2 young professionals looking for a new place to stay somewhere in the Denver area.

The rental market is a cesspool right now so wanted to reach out here and potentially get some insight.

Little bit of additional info:

- 24, work in tech. Born in Denver, lived here almost all my life

- Shoot USPSA, BBTR, long range, little bit of hunting, so gun friendly property is ideal obviously. Very active outdoors with skiing, climbing, camping.

- looking for 2 beds at a total of $1600-1800ish before utilities, yard for a chocolate lab ideal

- good credit, stable income, can provide BGC/references/etc.

If you know anyone or of anything, that would be very helpful. Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 7:40:31 PM EDT
[#1]
born and raised in CO and i'm in CO for work often.

i'm priced out of the house market everywhere.

trying to get enough cash together for a nice van.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/AMA-Sold-Most-of-Our-Possessions-and-Moved-Into-a-Van-/5-2424456/

i can live in a van but i can't drive a house to work.

Link Posted: 4/22/2022 4:50:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Van? I can’t even afford a nicer car

I have thought about doing that since the opportunity to work remote is there in my field, I’m just not there yet. Housing and vehicle prices nowadays are insane! I know there’s not too many 20yos on here but damn
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 12:23:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hey guys. 2 young professionals looking for a new place to stay somewhere in the Denver area.

The rental market is a cesspool right now so wanted to reach out here and potentially get some insight.

- Shoot USPSA, BBTR, long range, little bit of hunting, so gun friendly property is ideal obviously. Very active outdoors with skiing, climbing, camping.

- looking for 2 beds at a total of $1600-1800ish before utilities, yard for a chocolate lab ideal

View Quote

With maybe a handful of exceptions, you won't find what you want with a "yard" for that right now. You probably would have to rent two rooms in a house to meet those criteria. My honest answer to everyone who asks the same thing is to leave the state. I understand this is a national issue, but Denver is cancer to the rest of the US.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 12:46:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Van? I can't even afford a nicer car

I have thought about doing that since the opportunity to work remote is there in my field, I'm just not there yet. Housing and vehicle prices nowadays are insane! I know there's not too many 20yos on here but damn
View Quote
if you can work remotely i'd strongly recommend a cheaper city/town in WY, UT, MT, ID, etc.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 1:32:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 9:36:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’m paying $1800.00 a month for a 640 sq ft 1/1 apartment on the third floor. You may have to change your budget or expectations a bit.
The place I live in is just ok but it’s in Golden. This place allows pets but no yard.

That said if you’ve got an extra $600k or so laying around my house should go on the market next week. Also in Golden.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 10:12:21 PM EDT
[#7]
That's crazy, I never would've imagined prices like that in Golden. The places I'm checking out right now mostly all fall within my price range and aren't too bad, but if there's something someone here has a connection with I'd rather take that obviously.

I'll check again for purchases in a couple years maybe, if I'm lucky.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 3:01:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's crazy, I never would've imagined prices like that in Golden. The places I'm checking out right now mostly all fall within my price range and aren't too bad, but if there's something someone here has a connection with I'd rather take that obviously.

I'll check again for purchases in a couple years maybe, if I'm lucky.
View Quote
buy property now if you can.

they ain't makin' more of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top