Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/5/2022 12:53:36 PM EDT
It looks as if if my time in the Keys is coming to an unfortunate end. Personal reasons are forcing me back to Colorado in the near future.

I’m just waiting for my old job to officially give me a start date. I’ve all but been hired just waiting to clear HR blah blah blah.

Oh and based on the packet of paperwork I received in the mail yesterday apparently I’m getting divorced as well. So if anyone has a lead for a rental, preferably in the western suburbs of Denver I’m all ears.

F
M
L
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:43:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh man.  Sorry to hear that.  Beers on me if you come to check on rentals.  Enjoy the keys while you can.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 2:15:23 PM EDT
[#2]
damn, man.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 4:42:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oh man.  Sorry to hear that.  Beers on me if you come to check on rentals.  Enjoy the keys while you can.
View Quote

Thanks man. It’s kind of a dick punch for sure. I really like it but down here ce la vie I suppose. I’m hoping to someday buy a condo down here and airB&B it when I’m not using it. That is if I don’t take a complete financial ass kicking.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 4:51:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Really sorry to hear it didn't work out (both the move and your relationship)

Link Posted: 3/18/2022 5:53:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It looks as if if my time in the Keys is coming to an unfortunate end. Personal reasons are forcing me back to Colorado in the near future.

I’m just waiting for my old job to officially give me a start date. I’ve all but been hired just waiting to clear HR blah blah blah.

Oh and based on the packet of paperwork I received in the mail yesterday apparently I’m getting divorced as well. So if anyone has a lead for a rental, preferably in the western suburbs of Denver I’m all ears.

F
M
L
View Quote

You're moving to Denver on purpose? The fuck is wrong with you?
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 3:46:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
he's moving back to denver, sir.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 4:45:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup JLP is correct. I’m moving back to the Denver area. However my first day back at my old job I’m putting in a transfer to the western slope.

Either Rifle or GJ. I don’t care either way.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 5:57:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes, but my aim is improving.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 6:13:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yes, but my aim is improving.  
View Quote

I’m only like 5’5. I’m a small target.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 10:33:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yup JLP is correct. I'm moving back to the Denver area. However my first day back at my old job I'm putting in a transfer to the western slope.

Either Rifle or GJ. I don't care either way.
View Quote
born and raised in GJ.

it's a shithole.

rifle ain't too bad but when i lived there it was really expensive because of oil & gas in the area.

between the two i'd recommend rifle.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 10:46:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
born and raised in GJ.

it's a shithole.

rifle ain't too bad but when i lived there it was really expensive because of oil & gas in the area.

View Quote

Newcastle has some nice areas, too.  Just drove through that area.  Get some land out by Fruita... that'd be OK.

Or, do like everyone else in Denver..  get the crappiest beat up clapped out camper, drag it to Park Hill, and just live there in squalor....
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 11:48:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Newcastle has some nice areas, too.  Just drove through that area.  Get some land out by Fruita... that'd be OK.

Or, do like everyone else in Denver..  get the crappiest beat up clapped out camper, drag it to Park Hill, and just live there in squalor....
View Quote
if i keep working hard and saving $87k/yr, eventually i'll have enough cash to afford to live in a van down by the river.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:42:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
born and raised in GJ.

it's a shithole.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup JLP is correct. I'm moving back to the Denver area. However my first day back at my old job I'm putting in a transfer to the western slope.

Either Rifle or GJ. I don't care either way.
born and raised in GJ.

it's a shithole.

Yeah I was born and raised in Rifle. I like the area quite a bit. By brother works for the same company I’m going back to. He and his family live there.

If I get to go to either place it’ll be 1000000% better than Denver.

In a perfect world I’d end up on a few acres in Whitewater. Away from most everyone.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 3:19:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yeah I was born and raised in Rifle. I like the area quite a bit. By brother works for the same company I'm going back to. He and his family live there.

If I get to go to either place it'll be 1000000% better than Denver.

In a perfect world I'd end up on a few acres in Whitewater. Away from most everyone.
View Quote
hell yeah, man.

i've always liked cedaredge and those areas but it's a bit of a haul to rifle.

whitewater would get you out of GJ and away from all the trashy folk like me.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 3:38:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yeah I was born and raised in Rifle. I like the area quite a bit. By brother works for the same company I’m going back to. He and his family live there.

If I get to go to either place it’ll be 1000000% better than Denver.

In a perfect world I’d end up on a few acres in Whitewater. Away from most everyone.
View Quote

You can ignore Denver and the rest of the Front Range, but they won't ignore you.  
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 3:52:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You can ignore Denver and the rest of the Front Range, but they won't ignore you.  
View Quote

We just need to convince Putin to lob a SS-25 at Denver proper.  It'd solve the communism, overpopulation, and housing problems we have here.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 3:57:12 PM EDT
[#17]
I can email over coordinates to Putin.....

Walk around 1 block in Park Hill, and you'll see about 40 of these clapped-out camper methbillies.  City won't do anything about them:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 4:44:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I can email over coordinates to Putin.....

Walk around 1 block in Park Hill, and you'll see about 40 of these clapped-out camper methbillies.  City won't do anything about them:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/489002/ctr_-_1__1__jpeg-2319137.JPG
View Quote

Yay lucky me. I work downtown quite a bit.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 1:43:27 AM EDT
[#19]
I believe that refrigerator boxes out back of the Denver West Best Buy are going for $1100/month.  

Hell, even the homeless tents are moving to the medians of the highways.
Aurora Police Investigate Weapons Call At Tent In I-225 Median Near 6th Avenue
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 4:37:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yay lucky me. I work downtown quite a bit.
View Quote

Might want to concealed carry have the police on speed dial... ? Pepper your angus?
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 4:58:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Might want to concealed carry have the police on speed dial... ? Pepper your angus?
View Quote

Yeah pretty much. I refuse to takes after hours call outs in the area. If the lights are off oh fucken well. It’ll wait til morning or someone else can go.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 5:01:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yeah pretty much. I refuse to takes after hours call outs in the area. If the lights are off oh fucken well. It’ll wait til morning or someone else can go.
View Quote

I'm not sure when the last time you've been in Denver but... it's gotten BAD
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 5:04:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Can I give you a tour of my work neighborhood?  This is only 1/2 block.  Pics from yesterday:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Now, to be fair, I was working in Durango/Buena Vista/Snowmass last week, and parts of this state are still awesome!  It's just parts of the front range, and specifically, Denver, that are going downhill, and fast.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 5:09:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I'm not sure when the last time you've been in Denver but... it's gotten BAD
View Quote

I left a year ago. Almost to the day actually.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 5:10:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Can I give you a tour of my work neighborhood?  This is only 1/2 block.  Pics from yesterday:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/489002/kampers_-_1_jpeg-2323722.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/489002/kampers_-_2_jpeg-2323723.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/489002/kampers_-_3_jpeg-2323724.JPG

Now, to be fair, I was working in Durango/Buena Vista/Snowmass last week, and parts of this state are still awesome!  It's just parts of the front range, and specifically, Denver, that are going downhill, and fast.
View Quote

What cross streets is that?
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 5:13:00 PM EDT
[#26]
The whole area around Stapleton - Holly/Dahlia/Monaco/Colorado near from 35th North all the way up to 56th up towards Commerce City.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 5:44:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The whole area around Stapleton - Holly/Dahlia/Monaco/Colorado near from 35th North all the way up to 56th up towards Commerce City.
View Quote

Wow that was never the best area but damn I don’t recall anything like that.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 5:50:37 PM EDT
[#28]
No - been here 10 years and had some issues once in a while, but never like it's been in the past two years
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 11:53:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
No - been here 10 years and had some issues once in a while, but never like it's been in the past two years
View Quote

The urban outdoorsmen have been camping in Broomfield for the past 2 years, too.  It's not as bad as Denver, though.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 4:15:44 PM EDT
[#30]
The worst areas that I have seen are by capital hill and by Coors field. Looks like a cross between a trash dump and used RV storage area.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 1:58:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Welcome back Dan. Sorry to hear about your unfortunate events. Best of luck getting out west in a hurry.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 5:34:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Welcome back Dan. Sorry to hear about your unfortunate events. Best of luck getting out west in a hurry.
View Quote

Thank you. I should be leaving here by Thursday morning. A COHTF get together would be cool sometime soon.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 1:43:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Thank you. I should be leaving here by Thursday morning. A COHTF get together would be cool sometime soon.
View Quote
hell yeah.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 10:18:18 AM EDT
[#34]
GJ ain’t as bad as JL claims.   You just have to pick a good place.

Rifle is cool, and the only place I have seen a bar bathroom with a sign on the door, “NO DRUG DEALING IN BATHROOM”.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 8:32:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
GJ ain't as bad as JL claims.   You just have to pick a good place.

Rifle is cool, and the only place I have seen a bar bathroom with a sign on the door, "NO DRUG DEALING IN BATHROOM".
View Quote
i was born and raised in GJ.

it's that bad.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 11:27:49 PM EDT
[#36]
I would pick GJ over Sapp Bros any day or the year.  But I agree, Rifle above GJ.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 5:04:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Damn brother, sorry to hear about your divorce. You know I got a backyard and a bottle of whiskey waiting for ya on return.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 1:32:59 PM EDT
[#38]
I thought I'd add.....

Although we can all dump on Denver, and I'm one of the 1st in line to start dumping on Denver.....

It's still a great state.  I had to work up in Eagle yesterday.  Sunny Spring day, real pretty.  Stopped to fish the Eagle river on the way home.  4 casts, caught a nice Brown, let him go, and got back in the truck to drive home.  

Lots of good places in the state.  Stay positive!
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 1:52:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I thought I'd add.....

Although we can all dump on Denver, and I'm one of the 1st in line to start dumping on Denver.....

It's still a great state.  I had to work up in Eagle yesterday.  Sunny Spring day, real pretty.  Stopped to fish the Eagle river on the way home.  4 casts, caught a nice Brown, let him go, and got back in the truck to drive home.  

View Quote

Yeah I’m in Rifle right now visiting my brother. It’s pretty great over here actually.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 8:51:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Sorry to hear about everything going on.

You and I lived in the same neighborhood years ago, so as you know, rentals aren't going to be cheap. Is your "new" job giving you a living expense stipend or anything?

I left Golden 3 years ago and bought a beautiful place here in KY. I still get homesick for CO, but threads like this remind me of why I left. The Golden/Denver area are not the same place that I remember.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 10:25:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Dang. Sorry to hear about the divorce. Hopefully you can get transferred to the Western Slope!
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 3:43:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Sorry to hear! Florida sounds pretty nice, especially after this long winter.

Hope you make it out to the Western slope, it's the best.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 10:40:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I thought I'd add.....

View Quote

Absolutely. This state is worth fighting for.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 11:36:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Just when you think your out, they pull you back in.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 9:05:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Cue son I am disappoint meme.  About moving back, not about the divorce.  I'm very sorry about the divorce.  Life is a sucker punch sometimes.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 1:32:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Holy shit, Dan! Sorry to hear the bad news. I’ve been mostly away from the site for a while. The management around here has been getting under my skin. Too much badmouthing one particular mod got me banned from GD.

Changed name too. This may make me recognizable.

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 1:59:00 AM EDT
[#47]
@denverdan

I’m coming to Meeker week of July 4th. Let me know if you’re out in Rifle.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:26:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Welcome back.

I love Florida too damn humid for me though.

the springs is getting over run by Tesla driving kalifornicators.

I still love it here though.

Link Posted: 5/28/2022 8:09:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Uh no, …lol !

j/k … welcome home !
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 12:08:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Holy shit, Dan! Sorry to hear the bad news. I’ve been mostly away from the site for a while. The management around here has been getting under my skin. Too much badmouthing one particular mod got me banned from GD.

Changed name too. This may make me recognizable.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/1914fc19a4a260e186719a4986035226/tumblr_mf92x9W1Gj1r25kmco1_500.gif
View Quote

@PvtJoeBauers

I recognize the pic for sure but I can’t for the life of me recall the old name.

Refresh my memory
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top