Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2022 12:49:10 AM EDT
Heading out to Gunnison to ride Crested Butte in about a week. Any suggestions or recommendations?
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 2:17:07 AM EDT
[#1]
For....

Alpine brewery has some good beers and food/pizza in Gunnison.

Great fishing - so many options....   Almont (river), ice fishing Blue Mesa, Roaring Judy fish hatchery ponds....

Skiing/boarding, of course.

Camp for Coffee is a neat little place for a picture or coffee

Ice skating in town (CB or Gunni)

Hiking all over the place

Can target shoot up by Cement Creek area, national forest
Link Posted: 3/3/2022 9:01:11 PM EDT
[#2]
100% agreement on Camp4Coffee and Alpine Brewing.

Link Posted: 3/7/2022 3:18:54 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 to fishing near Almont. Actually, just about the entire Gunnison river.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 7:12:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Secret Stash for post ride pizza and beers.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:29:29 PM EDT
[#6]
What kinda riding?
I was out that way last week...

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:55:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Secret Stash for post ride pizza and beers.
View Quote

This.

Also if you ski (I mean really ski, not enjoy cruising blue squares on a sunny day) Crested Butte has some of the gnarliest inbound terrain in the state. Highly recommend checking out all the terrain labeled with EX. When it has good snow coverage CB is one of my favorite spots in the state.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:03:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank you Hive! Great suggestions. My girlfriend and I enjoyed all of your recommendations. Pizza at High Altitude Brewery and Secret Stash was delicious. Camp for Coffee was also good. Crested Butte was a great mountain to snowskate. We don't have a lot of snow, so I chose to stay off of the steeps.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 7:11:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Go up to Lake City and ride the Alpine Loop. It's very fun and memorable. You can rent Jeeps, SxS or ATV and drive them in town and some highways.

https://www.colorado.com/byways/alpine-loop

My wife and I just got back from a week in Lake City. We brought our Honda Rancher and CRF250L and rode the motorcycle in town and the ATV over the loop. My wife said it was the most fun she has had in a decade. PM me if you end up going and I'll give you some tips.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 9:56:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Go up to Lake City and ride the Alpine Loop. It's very fun and memorable. You can rent Jeeps, SxS or ATV and drive them in town and some highways.

https://www.colorado.com/byways/alpine-loop

My wife and I just got back from a week in Lake City. We brought our Honda Rancher and CRF250L and rode the motorcycle in town and the ATV over the loop. My wife said it was the most fun she has had in a decade. PM me if you end up going and I'll give you some tips.
View Quote

Lake City is my summer stomps.

It's a shitshow this year as Silverton flipped the 'no ATVs in town' switch this year.
(They'll vote is back next year when the business start bitching).

The loop is awesome, just go M-F as the weekends are a overloaded with Texans.
Go up the Cinnamon side and stop at American Basin.
Animas Forks/California Pass are epic up to Hurricane and Lake Como.
Start early in the day and avoid the late afternoon storms.

Beers at the Lake City Brewing CO are a must.
Drive down to Creede and eat a burger at Freemans!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top