Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2022 4:29:51 PM EDT
What are the largest gun shops in Colorado Springs?

I mean regular gun shops.....not big chain stores like Sportsman's Warehouse, Scheels, Bass Pro, etc.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 5:42:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Specialty Sports is doubtless the biggest in town.
Link Posted: 1/29/2022 5:44:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Specialty Sports is doubtless the biggest in town.
View Quote

Yup, Magnum is big too.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 3:52:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool, I just wanna check out something different that what's in the metro area and up north.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 4:31:30 PM EDT
[#4]
If you’re looking for most popular rather than size oriented also visit Springs Armory, Spartan and SDS(Stop Drop and Shop).

I’ve had great experiences at all three.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 6:53:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Go check out Family Firearms Sales.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 10:23:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll be in Springs today.  Which of the shops has a big handgun selection?  Trying to find a small-grip 9mm for my wife.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 10:29:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Family Firearms has a huge selection,  springs Armory is also yuge.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 10:38:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 2:37:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you’re looking for most popular rather than size oriented also visit Springs Armory, Spartan and SDS(Stop Drop and Shop).

I’ve had great experiences at all three.
View Quote

This, and Family Firearm Sales (though they are usually more expensive). Specialty Sports sucks for prices and customer service.
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 5:14:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This, and Family Firearm Sales (though they are usually more expensive). Specialty Sports sucks for prices and customer service.
View Quote

Have any of you heard the motive for the owner of SS killing his family?

I was going to mention Family Firearms being more expensive but my experience is only from their Armslist ads. I’ve only been there once to transfer a gun but never made it inside because when the guy showed up it wasn’t what he told me it was. IIRC it was supposed to be a Gen3 G20 with four mags and he showed up with a Gen4 and two mags.
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 4:38:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Just an FYI....

Stopped in DCF Guns in Castle Rock.  Nice place.  Sales guy was very helpful and showed me a lot.  They have a huge inventory, so that was great.  

Also stopped in Bristlecone / Lakewood.  Very little inventory (firearms), so it was a bit of a waste of time.  Sales person was OK.
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 10:00:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just an FYI....

Stopped in DCF Guns in Castle Rock.  Nice place.  Sales guy was very helpful and showed me a lot.  They have a huge inventory, so that was great.  

Also stopped in Bristlecone / Lakewood.  Very little inventory (firearms), so it was a bit of a waste of time.  Sales person was OK.
View Quote

I’ll stop at DCF next time I’m up that way. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 1:28:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I was going to mention Family Firearms being more expensive but my experience is only from their Armslist ads.
View Quote

Same here.  Going by their Armslist ads, their prices are outrageous.  Because of that, I've never had any desire to go into the store.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 12:14:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't think its known at this point - maybe never will be.   Most of the folks who knew him were surprised as fuck - I had talked to him a few times and he seemed like a solid dude.  

His family life did involve taking care of a lot of kids who had life altering health issues, and I can tell you from being in that field professionally that sometimes things happen that increase your stress beyond the breaking point.  

I remember being assigned a couple with ALS that had met at a support group and got married to have some company on their own personal Titanic ride had somehow come up with a Smith and Wesson 5906 and hadn't figured out they needed to use the thing before they couldn't work it anymore.  I quit working in that field when they begged me tearfully to take them out back and Old Yeller' them - and while I agreed with them conceptually, there isn't a contract I can sign in the USA that lets me shoot a person in the head.  

Quoted:

Have any of you heard the motive for the owner of SS killing his family?

I was going to mention Family Firearms being more expensive but my experience is only from their Armslist ads. I’ve only been there once to transfer a gun but never made it inside because when the guy showed up it wasn’t what he told me it was. IIRC it was supposed to be a Gen3 G20 with four mags and he showed up with a Gen4 and two mags.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/11/2022 1:33:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Family firearms doesn't have the largest store square footage wise, but you'd be hard pressed to find a local gun store that carries a better selection of firearms, mags, parts, etc. (and the good brands).  

Link Posted: 3/21/2022 12:20:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Go check out Family Firearms Sales.
View Quote
They treated my wife like shit when she visited a while back.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 10:48:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Springs Armory seems like a really good place.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 8:11:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Springs Armory seems like a really good place.
View Quote

I’ve always had good shopping experiences there.

Also good for transfers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top