Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2021 11:40:18 PM EDT
Young grasshopper here, trying to get into reloading with the worst possible timing. Already dumped more hundreds than I'd like to admit after scouring the web for primers/powder weeks on end.

Now the last thing I need is some damn brass I can put some elbow grease into and get loading. I have some saved but for the most part have never cared to look for it before now.

So, before I go calling every indoor range and getting told either to screw off or pay insane prices 95% of those calls, does anyone have recommendations on where to look?

I need 223/556/300blk, 308, and/or 6.5 cm if the stars align. Everywhere I've looked has had absolutely abysmal prices.

Also, I shoot up at Pawnee Sportsmans and 3 gun sometimes if anyone is down to meet up.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 12:06:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy from the EE when whatever you're looking for pops up.

Bison Brass and Capital Cartridge are also normally GTG for once-fired brass. If you want brand new brass, be prepared for sticker shock, especially now.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 8:41:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Sign up for Discord notifications. There is a ton of components available, but you have to get somewhat lucky to find a deal or hit when its in stock. Local places (FtCo) have brass fairly often. Pay $1/ea for Peterson 6.5 or 308 and get 10-15 loads or more. The only components that are really hard to find right now are primers. Powder comes up on PV every day.

In many cases you will be ahead buying new brass for calibers like 6.5. Plus random range pickups are hard for load development.

If you want 100 or so random 308 cases for free to start I can hook you up. I'm never going to load them.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 1:54:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Check the EE, there are ads for all the calibers you are looking for. It will be your best bet and the cheapist place to get brass.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 7:59:53 PM EDT
[#4]
What are some of these "insane and abysmal" prices?
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 11:10:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Reloading Zone usually bags their range brass for a reasonable price. $22/500 9mm, $20/250 10mm, $30/500 556 is memory is correct. Call ahead and ask what they have. They're usually pretty cool about pulling a bag or two off the shelf and holding it for you.

Downside: New owners are Liberals. The floor guys seem OK, but profits are going to things you probably wouldn't approve of.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top