Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2021 10:40:19 PM EDT
I’m looking at possibly moving to the Greeley area from WV.
What do I need to know about the gun laws?
Any other good information and need to knows?
Thank you
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 12:17:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Gun laws are just fine here and it's a shall issue ccw state. Also you can buy standard capacity magazines at any lgs (just a hint if you're worried about that)

I'm in Evans, Greeley has some nice areas. There are some pretty sketchy areas around island grove I would avoid.

Otherwise, weld county is solid
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 6:41:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you. That’s the kind of information I was looking for
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 10:46:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Politically, you're probably moving to the best county in the state (Weld).  Sheriff is pro-2A publicly stating that the mag ban won't be enforced and the county board told our governor to shove it w his mask mandates.  

You'll have a few ranges to choose from nearby as well with one of them having steel targets out to 1000 yards.  If you're into competitive shooting, each range offers a wide array of competitions to suit just about every type of competitor.

Greeley itself is surrounded by farm land and if you look hard and don't mind a drive, you could probably find a few acres for yourself.  There are new homes/subdivisions popping up all around and outside Greeley that may also be a good option to move to.  Greeley proper has its good and bad parts just like any town and it does have a unique smell since JBS has a large meat processing plant on the north side of town that burns off a lot of blood.  There are a decent selection of restaurants in Greeley and a few breweries to choose from.

If you're a veteran, the Cheyenne VA hospital is 50ish minutes away.  Loveland has an outpatient VA clinic which is 30 minutes west.  Denver International Airport is an hours drive.  Getting to a decent ski resort will be 3-4 hours.  Rocky Mountain National Park is about 2 hours away.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 7:53:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you that’s great information
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top