Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2021 4:21:32 PM EDT
I know COVID's a bitch and all but it ceases to be an excuse sometimes and I'm sick of hearing it.  Like today when I was profusely apologized to for the second time in the four months that it's taken to get a form 4 submitted thru Triple J's ultra fancy kiosk program.

First, this was a transfer from bigdaddyunlimited.com, who I highly recommend but this is in no way an advertisement for.  Triple J received the suppressor in early December by mail (tracked by UPS)  I figure they're wrapping up transfer between FFLs before they call me to alert me it's arrived so I give them till after the holidays.  First profuse apology comes in mid January when they tell me they failed to let me know it was ready to begin paperwork over a month prior.  We set a date to use the kiosk, which goes fine and I pay my tax money directly to Triple J.  No confirmation of paperwork submission or anything.  They just tell me I'm good to go.  Fast forward to today (damn near April) and I need to call them to get the SN on my can to get an update from ATF.  Lo and behold, that paperwork is not submitted.  Second profuse apology.  When does a guy ask for his $100 transfer fee back?  Anyone else have these problems with them?  They seemed like they'd handle it the best but they have pretty much botched the whole thing.  Curious for others experiences.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 9:29:28 PM EDT
[#1]
'Lo and behold', not 'low'.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 12:19:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, fixed
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 1:02:56 PM EDT
[#3]
You filled out the paperwork in January and they still haven't filed it? I'd be pissed! Almost to the point where I'd make them give a refund and ship it on their dime to another NFA dealer that actually knows how to do their job.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 1:55:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I would certainly do that if I had the patience.  Right now I don't.  I'm inclined to ask for the transfer fee back and go elsewhere in the future.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 6:55:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 10:34:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow! They are a good group and cater to the CO shooter market, but that is a black eye for sure.

Push it and I’m certain they will make it good. If not, let us know so we can shift our focus.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 3:13:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, it a SilencerShop kiosk, and That part worked well.

Their excuse is that they only have one person to do the NFA work.  My question: WHY?? Seems kinda dumb.

My only request so far has been to let customers know that they are backed up in the process AFTER doing the kiosk and paying fees, because when they say we're "good to go" we think we're waiting on the ATF at that point, or maybe SilencerShop to perform the final submission but not on the shop still!  This is an expectation because anyone who's done it before knows the form is SIMPLE and the paper version needs a photo, prints personal info, item info and a signature and it's GTG.  Kiosk is supposed to be easier but apparently it's not.  Zero transparency,.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 9:16:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 11:45:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Maybe I misunderstood, but why did you pay them the $200 stamp fee if you were using the kiosk? If everything went through the kiosk you would've bought the stamp from SilencerShop. I've transferred several using the it's been easy, all they are doing is holding the suppressor while you wait.
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 12:46:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 12:45:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would certainly do that if I had the patience.  Right now I don't.  I'm inclined to ask for the transfer fee back and go elsewhere in the future.
View Quote

so when you asked for the transfer fee back, what did they say?

Link Posted: 4/6/2021 4:54:40 PM EDT
[#12]
The guys at triple j told me on Monday that I would have to do separate background checks if I wanted more than one firearm. What? I told them that I was no longer interested.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 10:28:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The guys at triple j told me on Monday that I would have to do separate background checks if I wanted more than one firearm. What? I told them that I was no longer interested.
View Quote

as part of one transaction?
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 5:46:01 PM EDT
[#14]
I agree that Triple J is 100% to blame for being incompetent however this is why I log into my SilencerShop account and check the status of all pending items at least once a week.

I've never seen the dealer side of the SilencerShop website but according to dealers I've purchased items from it's ridiculously easy to upload a serial number and attach it to a customer's account. Scott @ ShadowEdge Sports is my go-to and always has items uploaded to SilencerShop within about 5 minutes of buying something.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 8:00:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Not really surprised to see this from Triple J. I only went in a few times and that was enough for me to decide that I wouldn't be going in again.

Damage Factory, Bowers, and Centennial Gun Club have all been good to me.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:02:12 AM EDT
[#16]
I spoke to SilencerShop directly and they were interested in my concerns.  That's enough from me.  Triple J's actionable customer service side is useless although their forward facing receptionist (Jamie I think) is the greatest person ever to talk to.  She just can't actually help.  The dudes who you need answers from hide behind locked doors.

Screw em.  I'll wait it out.  SilencerShop confirmed my paperwork was submitted.  Tr. J can't screw anything else up if I don't ask anything else of them.

Thanks all for your input and experiences.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 4:27:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. Idiots.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top