Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2020 3:43:48 PM EDT
I'm in the early stages of looking at moving to CO for work. Curious what kind of long range and extreme long range shooting opportunities are available in CO? Are there any clubs I can join with 1000+ yds? I see a ton of BLM ground in the western part of the state around grand junction. Is that ground pretty accessible for shooting?

Lots of flexibility on where I can be located so I'd like to put myself where the best long range and ELR opportunities are.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 7:38:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 8:34:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I don’t know about the ranges but if the western slope is an option do that.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 9:51:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Pawnee Sportsmens Center in NE Colorado goes out to a grand.  It is in Weld County which doesn't abide by the governor's mask mandates.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 10:13:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Lots of BLM and/or Cameo range if you are looking for something more organized near GJ.

http://cameosec.org/
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 9:32:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I thought at first glance this was a non-COC compliant thread.   my bad, sorry.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 10:20:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Awesome, thanks to each of you! Sounds like there is plenty of opportunity to get long range in several areas of the state.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 11:46:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Out to 1000, but there are some caliber restrictions.

https://carson.armymwr.com/programs/cheyenne-mountain-shooting-complex
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 6:46:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Royal Gorge Gun Club in Canon City has shooting out to a mile, tons of mid range, and pistol. Lots of steel. Have to be an NRA member () to join, but non members can shoot there. Friday is LR day and LR shooters have preference. It has hardly anyone on the range at any given time. I've been out there on a saturday afternoon and there were only 1 or 2 other vehicles on the entire complex. Also has night shooting available and the guys who run it are very into thermals, NVG's, suppressors, etc. It's not a Fudd-centric range by any means. They also sell cans and you can "check it out" anytime you go to shoot until the Form 4 comes back approved. Very nifty little perk.

Canon City has good cost of living and isn't too far from the Springs, Pueblo, or even Denver if you hate yourself and want to be subject to that traffic. It's also a quick drive into the Sangre de Cristo mountains, doing stuff on the Arkansas river, etc.

Only downside is the town's main industry is running prisons (everything from state to SuperMax. But in general it's not bad.

Link Posted: 12/25/2020 2:33:06 PM EDT
[#9]
West slope is best slope.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/25/2020 4:16:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Agreed.

And MF that’s my dog yer chutin at!!!

Link Posted: 1/1/2021 9:37:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Co Rifle Club is a nice place. I will echo the Western Slope if you can do it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top