Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2020 2:11:44 AM EDT
Link

Depending on your view of the BRC (if you haven't shot there, it's incredibly shit), they're either merely opportunistic or are actively working to further Boulder's goals re: banning guns.

This approval fulfills a requirement that allows Boulder to close off almost all accessible National Forest land to recreational shooting.

Of course once Boulder comes up with a reason to shut the BRC down, have fun trying to get the forest land opened back up.
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 11:17:00 AM EDT
[#1]
They are between a rock and a hard place for sure.

"Dispersed" shooting is a big issue on the front range, the population is reaching levels where it just can't be done. We had someone in El Paso County where I live killed a few years ago, and I personally have experienced close calls in Larimer, Boulder, Jefferson, Clear Creek, Gilpin, Park, Douglas, Teller, El Paso, and Pueblo counties over the last decade. Morons shoot over hills, over/along trails, into houses, shoot trees, leave massive amounts of trash, and even start wildfires.

I hate paying for a place to shoot, but it is nice not having people suddenly appear in front of your backstop, and it is a lot easier to put a fire out when it is contained in a berm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top