Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/3/2020 10:10:23 PM EDT
Voted for Two retards in one night.

The worst Pres Candidate I have ever seen, and a straight up crook in JHickenlooper

What a joke.

Link Posted: 11/3/2020 10:46:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Pothead going to be potheads. I look forward to the day I finally leave this place.
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 10:49:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn!!! ChickenLooper...WTF???

I lived through his tenures in CO, what a POS!

Link Posted: 11/3/2020 11:31:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Yup I’m ready to pack up. Not even close.

I’m embarrassed to live here
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 12:30:44 AM EDT
[#4]
old yellowtooth was a shoe-in.  Steffan Tubbs was even saying today they kept trying to get Gardner on the show with no response.

the crap thing is this electoral votes measure looking like it's going to pass

Link Posted: 11/4/2020 2:22:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Colorado disappoints time and time again!!!!
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 2:27:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Seriously, you're surprised by this?  CO has been a blue state for a while.  Welcome to Colofornia.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 7:20:50 AM EDT
[#7]
My job interview in Florida next week is looking better and better.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 8:56:40 AM EDT
[#8]
My decision looks better and better, this state is doomed

This house is sold (waiting to close) and new house in new non diverse free state is under contract.   packed up and just waiting for the calendar.

I'm not leaving colorado, colorado left me
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 9:04:32 AM EDT
[#9]
hell that's not even the worst part

Gallagher Amendment,repeal passed, watch your property taxes soar.

national popular vote passed, so now your vote means even less

tobacco taxes up (i don't smoke)

introduce wolves passed, say goodbye to the Elk

family and medical leave passed.   another tax hike on business's

literally every single local to me tax increase passed.  I figured maybe 50% might pass, but it looks like damn near all of them.

Was time to go 5 years ago but the neon signs are flashing red now

Link Posted: 11/4/2020 10:05:11 AM EDT
[#10]
East California
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 11:32:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

literally every single local to me tax increase passed.  I figured maybe 50% might pass, but it looks like damn near all of them.

View Quote

Best part is, I work for a nine person company, I cant use the family or medical leave. I'll lose my fucking job. Again. At this point I'm forcing the wife to move to Wyoming and ill deal with a voluntary job search.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 4:02:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Biden was expected to take Colorado. Easily. Same with Hickenlooper. It almost looked like Gardner followed the COGOP strategy of giving up at the slightest hint of real competition and ceding ever increasing territory in the state.

My true canary-in-the-coal-mine for determining whether my state is no longer worth fighting for was NPV. I held out hope that voters would see how stupid it was to hand over control of our Electoral votes to California. Nope.

I wish I was as far along with plans to leave as some of the rest of you are.  I'm a native and Colorado has always been my home and it hurts to say that I'm seriously considering leaving.

The only ray of hope left in Colorado is Bobert.  Hopefully she has enough energy and enthusiasm to take on the "Squad" aka the "Sisters-of-Hate" and set herself up as an anti-AOC.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 4:33:18 PM EDT
[#13]
NPV and 118 did it for me.  Who wants to help me finish my bathroom remodel so I can put my house on the market?  Sad.  I like where I live.  I'm thinking SD, but other places are on the list.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 5:06:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
NPV and 118 did it for me.  Who wants to help me finish my bathroom remodel so I can put my house on the market?  Sad.  I like where I live.  I'm thinking SD, but other places are on the list.
View Quote

Go to south Florida bro. That’s my plan. I’m gonna buy a boat (and learn how to drive it) we can go fishing. ??
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 8:16:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Does anyone know what I can do about my kids and their mother who is my ex wife?  I want to leave but I wouldn't want my boys to be with her for extended periods of time.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 8:31:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Go to south Florida bro. That's my plan. I'm gonna buy a boat (and learn how to drive it) we can go fishing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go to south Florida bro. That's my plan. I'm gonna buy a boat (and learn how to drive it) we can go fishing.

take me with you.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 8:45:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My true canary-in-the-coal-mine for determining whether my state is no longer worth fighting for was NPV. I held out hope that voters would see how stupid it was to hand over control of our Electoral votes to California. Nope.
View Quote

If I'm understanding how NPV works, it actually works to the advantage of Republicans.

CO is a blue state, and the (D) presidential candidate will always win CO.  If the (D) candidate gets the popular vote, he wins CO just as he would've done anyway.  So NPV hasn't changed anything.  

But if the (R) candidate gets the popular vote, he wins CO which would've gone to the (D) candidate if it weren't for NPV.  

Link Posted: 11/4/2020 9:03:48 PM EDT
[#18]
If I could take my job with me, I'd move to WY tomorrow.....
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 10:20:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nailed it. Bunch of decisions that they'll be complaining about when the repercussions hit, without ever realizing they caused it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 12:26:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good luck to you man.

I’m trapped here because of step kids. 5 fucking years
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 1:52:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

If I'm understanding how NPV works, it actually works to the advantage of Republicans.

CO is a blue state, and the (D) presidential candidate will always win CO.  If the (D) candidate gets the popular vote, he wins CO just as he would've done anyway.  So NPV hasn't changed anything.  

But if the (R) candidate gets the popular vote, he wins CO which would've gone to the (D) candidate if it weren't for NPV.  

View Quote

There won't be a R winning the popular vote with all of the big coastal cities.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 8:58:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My decision looks better and better, this state is doomed

This house is sold (waiting to close) and new house in new non diverse free state is under contract.   packed up and just waiting for the calendar.

I'm not leaving colorado, colorado left me
View Quote

Exactly.

I started thinking about leaving in 2014.  Made the move in 2019.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 11:06:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Retire on 12/31.

I'm outta here.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 1:17:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

take me with you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

take me with you.

You know you’re welcome to join brother.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 1:21:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Good luck to you man.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck to you man.

Thanks man. I’ve got a kid in the Navy and my 19 yr old is back living with us but she knows the deal.

If/when we leave she’s free to come with or do what she needs to to stay here.

Link Posted: 11/5/2020 2:00:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Retire on 12/31.

I'm outta here.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/5/2020 2:35:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If I could take my job with me, I'd move to WY tomorrow.....
View Quote

You couldn’t commute from Laramie or Cheyenne? They’re “reasonably” close to your job right?
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 2:43:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You couldn’t commute from Laramie or Cheyenne? They’re “reasonably” close to your job right?
View Quote

It would be a LONG commute, especially in winter.  However, there's a decent change that long term I'll be allowed to work from home most of the time.  If that happens, then moving to Laramie or Cheyenne is very likely for me.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 2:47:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It would be a LONG commute, especially in winter.  However, there's a decent change that long term I'll be allowed to work from home most of the time.  If that happens, then moving to Laramie or Cheyenne is very likely for me.
View Quote

Yeah winter changes the game in that part of the world. Hopefully you’ll get to work from home and go live somewhere free soon.

I cannot comprehend what’s happening here.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 4:24:54 PM EDT
[#30]
I knew that Colorado was getting deeper blue and this election confirms it.   Sadly, it's going to get worse.    We're ready to pull the yellow handles to eject.   Fortunately I've been WFH for years so I can live where I want as long as I have broadband internet and a decent sized airport within an hour.     Our biggest issue is where to go?  Got to admit the weather in Colorado Springs is damn near perfect, the mountains are my playground, and after growing up in the Deep South I can't go back to the humidity.    I had plans for the Western Slope but the Front Range will dictate what happens statewide and there's only so much the local authorities can shield you from.   Thinking about Utah but I suspect UT is within 10 yrs of being where CO is now.   I'd jump on NM but that may be frying pan to the fire.

I don't know where we're going but I don't feel like I can stay here.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 4:32:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I knew that Colorado was getting deeper blue and this election confirms it.   Sadly, it's going to get worse.    We're ready to pull the yellow handles to eject.   Fortunately I've been WFH for years so I can live where I want as long as I have broadband internet and a decent sized airport within an hour.     Our biggest issue is where to go?  Got to admit the weather in Colorado Springs is damn near perfect, the mountains are my playground, and after growing up in the Deep South I can't go back to the humidity.    I had plans for the Western Slope but the Front Range will dictate what happens statewide and there's only so much the local authorities can shield you from.   Thinking about Utah but I suspect UT is within 10 yrs of being where CO is now.   I'd jump on NM but that may be frying pan to the fire.

I don't know where we're going but I don't feel like I can stay here.
View Quote

My opinion friend is the entire country will be fucked eventually. So go wherever makes you happy. For me I hear the Florida Keys calling.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 4:40:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
My opinion friend is the entire country will be fucked eventually. So go wherever makes you happy. For me I hear the Florida Keys calling.
View Quote

Yeah that's part of what we're thinking too is that since the Big Suck is going to be so widespread just pick a spot where local authorities with the right mindset will be the dominant factor rather than the state.   Part of the reason Western Slope is still on the table for me.     Hope you enjoy the Keys, I haven't been back since I was in college but friends  who have tell me it's changed a lot and not for the better.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 4:50:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Truth. I'm thinking wherever I can get the most land with a house for a reasonable price. Build my own domain and the rest of the world can F-off
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 5:00:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

No opportunity at the school in Laramie?

Side note - I've only been to CSU once this semester, and that was to take the FE exam.

Back on topic - my wife actually said she would move to WY this morning after I told her about the family leave bs that passed, lol.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 5:11:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yeah that's part of what we're thinking too is that since the Big Suck is going to be so widespread just pick a spot where local authorities with the right mindset will be the dominant factor rather than the state.   Part of the reason Western Slope is still on the table for me.     Hope you enjoy the Keys, I haven't been back since I was in college but friends  who have tell me it's changed a lot and not for the better.
View Quote

Quoted:

Truth. I'm thinking wherever I can get the most land with a house for a reasonable price. Build my own domain and the rest of the world can F-off
View Quote

I’ll probably end up living in a trailer and buying a boat to go fishing every chance I get.

And smiling like a motherfucker the entire time. You only live once.
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 5:52:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Side note - I've only been to CSU once this semester, and that was to take the FE exam.

Back on topic - my wife actually said she would move to WY this morning after I told her about the family leave bs that passed, lol.
View Quote

I like my job here, so I really don't want to give it up, especially at my age.  However, I had a quiet off the record talk with my boss today, and while its not in writing, they're VERY open to me working remotely the way I am now (I come in 1-2 days a week, work from home the rest) on a long term basis
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 9:48:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I like my job here, so I really don't want to give it up, especially at my age.  However, I had a quiet off the record talk with my boss today, and while its not in writing, they're VERY open to me working remotely the way I am now (I come in 1-2 days a week, work from home the rest) on a long term basis
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/6/2020 12:22:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I drove from Severance to Laramie every day while I was in grad school for two years. Only really sucked on the nights I had to grade exams and didn’t get home till one a.m. then back at it at 5:30 next day.

It sucked but it’s doable.

My wife wants to move to WY too but the kids. 5 years and my company should be moving to Sheridan so that would be cool!
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 10:26:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wife is able to work from home, the hour drive from Cheyenne to Loveland is doable for me. We are drafting two options for when this lease is up. One is a move to Cheyenne or Laramie, the other is Wellington or Ault.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 12:10:34 PM EDT
[#40]
I would have to believe the election was completely rigged.

Even a few of the tards that I know are not stupid enough to vote for NPV.  "I am votong to make sure my vote never matters again"!  The state is probably dark red but voter fraud will not let it see the light of day.

Luckily, I am sure the FBI will correct this!

There is no safe place to go. Within 4 years the corruption will own all 50 states unless stopped.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 12:52:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I'll probably end up living in a trailer and buying a boat to go fishing every chance I get.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll probably end up living in a trailer and buying a boat to go fishing every chance I get.

say hi to vicky stark for me.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 1:48:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh I will.

I’m fairly certain her YouTube channel is gonna break my phone.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 5:22:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Wife is able to work from home, the hour drive from Cheyenne to Loveland is doable for me. We are drafting two options for when this lease is up. One is a move to Cheyenne or Laramie, the other is Wellington or Ault.
View Quote

And it's official, this time next year I will own property in Wyoming.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 6:17:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome. Good for you guys. A good friend of mine has 20 acres NW of Laramie. He picked it up in the early nineties for damn near nothing.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 6:39:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Awesome. Good for you guys. A good friend of mine has 20 acres NW of Laramie. He picked it up in the early nineties for damn near nothing.
View Quote

Wife said she'd move, but dictated Cheyenne. Fine, I'll appease her. Constitutional carry, no mag bullshit. I'm gonna try and work for magpul.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 6:49:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Wife said she'd move, but dictated Cheyenne. Fine, I'll appease her. Constitutional carry, no mag bullshit. I'm gonna try and work for magpul.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cheyenne is ok in my opinion. Big enough you have pretty much anything you need but not too big.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 7:49:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Cheyenne is ok in my opinion. Big enough you have pretty much anything you need but not too big.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

agreed.  cheyenne isn't terrible.  i could live there.  
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 11:50:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Congrats man.

Can you give a little detail?

Good price on property? We are looking too
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 9:20:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Congrats man.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Congrats man.

Ditto.  The wife and I are seriously talking about buying land asap in WY that we can build on in a couple of years since we assume prices are going to jump in the coming years as like minded Coloradans flee to freedom.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 4:54:17 PM EDT
[#50]
I was just thinking about WY getting inundated with people from CO. I have been trying to figure out where to go, but I am not sure it matters. The one thing to plan for in my view is self sustainability. If it was not so dry in CO, I would consider it but I don't think it will work. I am thinking about Tennessee.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top