Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2017 3:21:19 PM EDT
Looked on the range finder tool but could not find a public range withing 100 miles of Silverthorne, CO  80498.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 5:58:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Looked on the range finder tool but could not find a public range withing 100 miles of Silverthorne, CO  80498.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.
View Quote

Summit County has a very nice public range, and it's free.  It's off the north side of Hwy 6, across the road from Keystone.  It's next to the county landfill, up on the hillside.  Probably the most scenic shooting range you'll ever see, the view up there is great.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:14:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks much.  They also have a website  Summit Range and a Facebook page Facebook Page
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:07:53 AM EDT
[#3]
We used to shoot in some very safe places in Summit co. That were nat forest, some pretty close to Breck.   Went to one last year, shot for an hour or two, as we were driving out, the SO pulled into our spot, undoubtedly someone called in a complaint, but I was not turning around to find out.   Just go to the range.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 1:11:07 PM EDT
[#4]
As the others said, the free public range is usually a good experience. It can get a little ripe smelling if the breeze is blowing the right direction, but rarely. Have a good time!

Cheers!
-JC
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:13:49 PM EDT
[#5]
We used to have so many cool places up there to shoot.

Some of them are probably called historical sites now.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:48:13 AM EDT
[#6]
While not in Summit County, next door in Eagle County there is the Two Elks Public Shooting Range just south of Minturn (between Vail and Beaver Creek).  Probably a ~40 min drive from Dillon.

Its free and coming from Texas, its ridiculously scenic for a shooting range.

Its about 10 min from our place in Beaver Creek and I go every couple days when out there in the summer.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 10:54:45 PM EDT
[#7]
the range finder tool must be super weak sauce..... as mentioned, the keystone dump range is tits!!!  kinda highly trafficked is the only complaint.... and that dang owl in the background

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3sXmf72PS4

Bersa .22 Silenced in the snow 2
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 11:33:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Just took my dad trap shooting this morning at the Summit County range. Highly recommend it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 1:16:37 PM EDT
[#9]
If everything goes well we will be closing on a house in Silverthorne later this month, so I'll have a chance to use both ranges.  Thanks for the additional info.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 12:59:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If everything goes well we will be closing on a house in Silverthorne later this month, so I'll have a chance to use both ranges.  Thanks for the additional info.
View Quote
Congrats!
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 12:05:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Congratulations!! I'm moving to Silverthorne Nov.1.

Cheers!
-JC
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 12:18:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Congrats! Welcome to summit county.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 12:20:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Blue valley, up by green Mountain res, is also a pricate range, close by. I believe they go out to 500 yds, and have trap stations.

http://www.bluevalleysportsmanclub.com
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 12:36:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Congrats! Welcome to summit county.
View Quote
I remember when Silverthorne was the armpit of Summit County.  Seriously.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 3:02:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I remember when Silverthorne was the armpit of Summit County.  Seriously.
View Quote
It isn't anymore?

Well there is Zuma.....

Cheers!
-JC
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 1:00:00 PM EDT
[#16]
niiiiice!  first thing i do after a long car ride is high tail it over to the keystone range to scrounge exotic (to me) brass and bs with folks..... awesome view, cool range, minimal fudds, its great!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top