Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2013 4:19:48 PM EDT
I'm going to school at Mines and I've been wanting to go hunting but non-resident tags are crazy expensive, except for the fur-bearing tag which seems like an acceptable price. I've hunted coyotes in Oregon before and I really enjoyed it. What do I need to know about hunting in Colorado in general? Are there any good locations near Golden? Any advice?
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 7:28:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Once you've been enrolled at the School of Mines for six months, you'll be a resident.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 10:33:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I'm just looking for something to do on weekends in the meantime.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 7:05:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Small game license is the same price as a fur bearer and IMO allows for a whole lot more fun things to hunt.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 6:10:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I need to find some friends to take me yote hunting...

Link Posted: 10/22/2013 9:58:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I've busted some yotes behind tarryall reservoir with a rabbit in distress call. It's hit or miss, sometime I get several and sometimes none. It's kinda for for you though.... I you want specifics you can PM me, but coyotes inhabit almost all of CO and you shouldn't have trouble finding some.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:10:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I need to find some friends to take me yote hunting...

View Quote

I used to have a great connection out on the plains with a farmer. My wife was friends with his daughter. Wife is no longer friends with daughter, so I no longer get have that connection. Sucks because he is a big hunter and has thousands of acres.

I need to make some friends for coyote hunting I guess.

ETA: Preferably ones with land to hunt on.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top