Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2013 8:47:39 AM EDT
What has happened?  Is it all the liberals from CA moving in?  Is it all the illegals and FSA members moving there?  I'm currious because it seems that the Californians are moving here to NM (Santa Fe/Taos) and are influencing politics.  I know my buddy from Boesman MT complains about the Californians moving in and screwing up everything.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 8:53:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What has happened?  Is it all the liberals from CA moving in?  Is it all the illegals and FSA members moving there?  I'm currious because it seems that the Californians are moving here to NM (Santa Fe/Taos) and are influencing politics.  I know my buddy from Boesman MT complains about the Californians moving in and screwing up everything.

Kali is still a highly populated state.  There are enough locusts in that state to move to many others and ruin them, too. It doesn't hurt that the CO Republican Party is a mess (that's not to say that there aren't some really good people in office).  Sometimes they act like Ds and support various rights violations (Owens signed the smoking ban), so they can't take any moral high ground.

Link Posted: 2/13/2013 9:24:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Find posts from SOTG-SM.  Here is one of them from last August.

http://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.html?b=8&f=20&t=496148

Know your enemy:

"I recently finished an early copy of a book called The Blueprint: How the Democrats Won Colorado (and Why Republicans Everywhere Should Care). It is a fascinating read about what took place in Colorado over the course of about 5 years, and how a group of very wealthy progressives changed the entire political landscape of Colorado by thinking outside the box.

Let me explain. The 2006 and 2008 election cycles were unkind to the Republican Party, but what happened in Colorado was something altogether different and totally new. A group of four mega-donors decided to ignore the state Democratic establishment and start from scratch with a brand new, privatized political infrastructure. Of course they were aided by the new campaign finance reform laws, but what the “Gang of Four” (Rutt Bridges, Tim Gill, Jared Polis and Pat Stryker) did was replicate all of the essential functions of the Colorado Democratic Party–and added a few more for good measure."

http://americanmajority.org/feature-content/blueprint-democrats-won-colorado-republicans-care/
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 9:28:31 AM EDT
[#3]
This is what I wrote last January:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_20/509008_Colorado_political_climate.html&page=1

"I need Coloradoans and Texans to pay close attention. I will name names and provide you focus for your derision. Moreover, you will be able to focus like a laser beam on why Colorado is lost and why Texas is moving in that direction. I understand that it is easy to blame the influx of Californians to the current demise of Colorado. But if you don't know your enemy, conservatives in Colorado will never understand what has happened to them over the last decade and conservatives in Texas will not be able to stop it.

THE BLUEPRINT "is the inside story of one of the most stunning reversals of political fortune in American history. Four years ago, the GOP dominated politics at every level in Colorado. Republicans held both Senate seats, five of seven congressional seats, the governor’s mansion, the offices of secretary of state and treasurer, and both houses of the state legislature. After the 2008 election, the exact opposite was true: replace the word Republicans with Democrats in the previous sentence, and you have of one the most stunning reversals of political fortune in American history.

This is also the story of how it will happen—indeed, is happening—in other states across the country. In Colorado, progressives believe they have found a blueprint for creating permanent Democratic majorities across the nation. With discipline and focus, they have pioneered a legal architecture designed to take advantage of new campaign finance laws and an emerging breed of progressive donors who are willing to commit unprecedented resources to local races. It’s simple, brilliant, and very effective."

http://www.amazon.com/Blueprint-Democrats-Colorado-Republicans-Everywhere/dp/1936218003

The Gang of Four needed some one complicit within the media and may I introduce you to the most powerful man in Colorado media, William Dean Singleton.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Dean_Singleton

Dean Singleton is SOLEY responsible for spiking the story of Detective Donnie Young's murder at the hands of Raul Garcia - Gomez, an illegal alien. Dean Singleton helped pave the way for Governor Hickenlooper and advanced the Gang of Four's agenda over the course of the last ten years.

Why do I mention Texas? Because The Blueprint is currently underway.

edited to add: Raul Garcia - Gomez was hired by and worked in one of Hickenlooper's restaurants."

Pay attention because the rest of your fellow Coloradoans are not.

Link Posted: 2/13/2013 9:34:16 AM EDT
[#4]
While most people moving here are coming from California, don't forget that many immigrants to Colorado come from the liberal states of Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Michigan,, Illinois, New York, and New Jersey.  They far outnumber the people coming from conservative states like Texas.

At the bottom of this article you will find some demographics.  While dated, they certainly give you an idea of how many poeple are coming here from liberal states.  Link
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 12:20:57 PM EDT
[#5]
So, does anyone think that all the young new crop of "yutes" who are voting for legal Dope, vote republican?  California vermin and stoners...   Nuff said.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 1:27:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 1:33:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

While most people moving here are coming from California, don't forget that many immigrants to Colorado come from the liberal states of Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Michigan,, Illinois, New York, and New Jersey.  They far outnumber the people coming from conservative states like Texas.

At the bottom of this article you will find some demographics.  While dated, they certainly give you an idea of how many poeple are coming here from liberal states.  Link

Also don't forget California natives like myself got here when I turned 18 and hate CA and all it stands for.  Some of us are good.  I have never voted for a dem.  

Link Posted: 2/13/2013 1:55:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You forget the bastion of liberalism that has existed way before east or west coast "liberals" moved here. it's the one where pat Schroeder was elected, over & over  until she finally decided not to run. They then elected DeGette who sits until she has an aneurism or goes to an O admin cabinet post
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 2:02:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Also don't forget California natives like myself got here when I turned 18 and hate CA and all it stands for.  Some of us are good.  I have never voted for a dem.    

I am glad YOU are here!  We cannot deny that most people moving here from Kali (or other liberal states) are not going to be conservative voters and 2nd amendment supporters.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 4:29:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am glad YOU are here!  We cannot deny that most people moving here from Kali (or other liberal states) are not going to be conservative voters and 2nd amendment supporters.

120% agree.  I f'n hate that state.  I will do whatever I can to stop the californication of Colorado.  I am not super knowledgeable about guns and gun rights though since I didn't grow up with it.   So I can do more grunt work rather than standing in front of people and discussing it.  

Link Posted: 2/13/2013 4:37:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So, does anyone think that all the young new crop of "yutes" who are voting for legal Dope, vote republican?  California vermin and stoners...   Nuff said.

Not this sh_t again.  You realize that many of us (I'm nowhere near being a yute) support things like self-ownership and realized there is no good reason to penalize people for smoking pot.  I hope you also realize that the attitude exhibited by you (as I perceive it) is a big turn-off to the independent voters.  The kali vermin are the other component.  I know at least a few kids in their 20s who voted for 64 and did not vote for BO.  I'm not saying that these kids are in the majority, but at least they "get it."  Visit a Liberty on the Rocks (libertyontherocks.org) meeting one of these days and you may witness this.

I'd also like to add that the R Party here (of which I'm a member) needs to get its sh_t together.  When you have people like Owens, who signed and supported the smoking ban on private property open to the public, you can't take the moral high ground and claim to be a proponent of liberty (no, I don't smoke cigs, either).

edited for typo
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 7:06:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not this sh_t again.  You realize that many of us (I'm nowhere near being a yute) support things like self-ownership and realized there is no good reason to penalize people for smoking pot.  I hope you also realize that the attitude exhibited by you (as I perceive it) is a big turn-off to the independent voters.  The kali vermin are the other component.  I know at least a few kids in their 20s who voted for 64 and did not vote for BO.  I'm not saying that these kids are in the majority, but at least they "get it."  Visit a Liberty on the Rocks (libertyontherocks.org) meeting one of these days and you may witness this.

I'd also like to add that the R Party here (of which I'm a member) needs to get its sh_t together.  When you have people like Owens, who signed and supported the smoking ban on private property open to the public, you don't can't take the moral high ground and claim to be a proponent of liberty (no, I don't smoke cigs, either).

This.

Socially liberal, fiscally conservative, constitutional libertarian anti-federalist, here. Oh, and a veteran of Iraq, Afghanistan and Liberia. I voted yes on 64, and no on Obama.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 1:50:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for reminding me, I need to get a copy of The Blueprint.  Added it to my Amazon cart for the next order.  I have been reading up on the "Colorado Model" and want to better understand it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 5:01:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This is what I wrote last January:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_20/509008_Colorado_political_climate.html&page=1

"I need Coloradoans and Texans to pay close attention. I will name names and provide you focus for your derision. Moreover, you will be able to focus like a laser beam on why Colorado is lost and why Texas is moving in that direction. I understand that it is easy to blame the influx of Californians to the current demise of Colorado. But if you don't know your enemy, conservatives in Colorado will never understand what has happened to them over the last decade and conservatives in Texas will not be able to stop it.

THE BLUEPRINT "is the inside story of one of the most stunning reversals of political fortune in American history. Four years ago, the GOP dominated politics at every level in Colorado. Republicans held both Senate seats, five of seven congressional seats, the governor’s mansion, the offices of secretary of state and treasurer, and both houses of the state legislature. After the 2008 election, the exact opposite was true: replace the word Republicans with Democrats in the previous sentence, and you have of one the most stunning reversals of political fortune in American history.

This is also the story of how it will happen—indeed, is happening—in other states across the country. In Colorado, progressives believe they have found a blueprint for creating permanent Democratic majorities across the nation. With discipline and focus, they have pioneered a legal architecture designed to take advantage of new campaign finance laws and an emerging breed of progressive donors who are willing to commit unprecedented resources to local races. It’s simple, brilliant, and very effective."

http://www.amazon.com/Blueprint-Democrats-Colorado-Republicans-Everywhere/dp/1936218003

The Gang of Four needed some one complicit within the media and may I introduce you to the most powerful man in Colorado media, William Dean Singleton.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Dean_Singleton

Dean Singleton is SOLEY responsible for spiking the story of Detective Donnie Young's murder at the hands of Raul Garcia - Gomez, an illegal alien. Dean Singleton helped pave the way for Governor Hickenlooper and advanced the Gang of Four's agenda over the course of the last ten years.

Why do I mention Texas? Because The Blueprint is currently underway.

edited to add: Raul Garcia - Gomez was hired by and worked in one of Hickenlooper's restaurants."

Pay attention because the rest of your fellow Coloradoans are not.

This is priceless information for the rest of us-Thank you

Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:29:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

We dont mean you......and you must admit that most of the kalifornians that come here are libs that are trying to escape kali's heavy handedness, Yet they fuckimg vote their the same bullshit that fucked up kali
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 7:32:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd also like to add that the R Party here (of which I'm a member) needs to get its sh_t together.  When you have people like Owens, who signed and supported the smoking ban on private property open to the public, you don't can't take the moral high ground and claim to be a proponent of liberty (no, I don't smoke cigs, either).

This.

Socially liberal, fiscally conservative, constitutional libertarian anti-federalist, here. Oh, and a veteran of Iraq, Afghanistan and Liberia. I voted yes on 64, and no on Obama.

This is where i stand, almost exactly.  Not as traveled A vet as this guy (thanks, bro) but my sentiments are the same. Im also glad i am no longer in .mil because id be shamed every day obummer was my cic
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top