Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2002 3:11:12 PM EDT
We're being overtaken in # of replies on the hometown forums by New York and New Jersey?!?
(Of course, it takes those east coast people two states to pass us up...)

So, it's time again for another useless Yankee post.  This time, photos pulled from the 'net of some of my favorite places.

The Collegiate Peaks

The Maroon Bells

Sangre de Cristo range

Link Posted: 12/31/2002 6:11:42 PM EDT
[#1]
You know Yankee, that cabin in the last pic sure looks like it would make that perfect little hide-away cabin. With a little work.
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 6:20:38 PM EDT
[#2]
IT's to way out in the open to be a "hideaway" cabin. One bomb and POOF you're gone.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 2:54:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Excellent pics Yankee1911, oh and look, there goes the post count.  Karl.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 4:53:08 AM EDT
[#4]
[Whistful sigh]...someday I'll live in Colorado...
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:01:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Damn, sure looks cold.  I think I'll stay in FL.

Seriously, those are some beautiful photos.  I was lucky enough to do some backpacking in the Sangre de Cristo chain when I was about 15.  It was incredible.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:36:03 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You know Yankee, that cabin in the last pic sure looks like it would make that perfect little hide-away cabin. With a little work.

Hehehe.  Maybe a little "underground" addition?

Quoted:
Excellent pics Yankee1911, oh and look, there goes the post count. Karl.

Thanks.  We can't let NY and NJ steal our thunder!!

Quoted:
Whistful sigh]...someday I'll live in Colorado...

Come on over.  We'll leave the light on for you.

Quoted:
Damn, sure looks cold. I think I'll stay in FL.

Seriously, those are some beautiful photos. I was lucky enough to do some backpacking in the Sangre de Cristo chain when I was about 15. It was incredible.

I'm just the opposite...The cold doesn't bother me at all, but I can't handle high humidity.

Link Posted: 1/8/2003 8:29:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I am clicking my heels three times and saying "there is no place like home, there is no place like home".
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 4:05:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Same with me, Yankee. I can handle cold and thin air, and all that good stuff, but put me in high humidity and I'll melt.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 9:42:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice Photos!
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 9:57:57 PM EDT
[#10]
redleg1one,
Thanks, but just to remind everybody, I pulled them off the 'net.  I can't take credit for the scenery or the photography.

The_Breakfast_Fox,
Glad I'm not the only one.  Both of my parents were born and raised in South Dakota (I was born here), so humidity intolerance isn't hereditary.

Link Posted: 1/10/2003 6:41:55 AM EDT
[#11]
I grew up in Southwest Nebr. and it's amazing how humid it gets there in the early summer. I don't remember it being that bad when I was there. I really think it is all those damn center pivot systems.

I sure like the dry way over here on the Western Slope, but doggone the summers are too cool and too short. I really miss riding my motorcycle in 80° weather at 1:00 or 2:00 a.m.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 10:26:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I sure like the dry way over here on the Western Slope, but doggone the summers are too cool and too short. I really miss riding my motorcycle in 80° weather at 1:00 or 2:00 a.m.

I miss midnight motorcyce rides, I don't miss the days when the motorcycle was my only transportation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top