Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2010 8:48:58 AM EDT
I want to purchase a wenig ladies shotgun stock for my fiance and her remington 1100. Their "machine inletted/DIY" stock goes for $100.
Their "completely finished stock, hand fitted to shop gun" is $350.
I am looking for a gunsmith in Northern Colorado or Denver or Colorado Springs that can finish inletting and hand (or laser) checker it. I'm not looking for fancy checkering at all. This would be for the buttstock only.
I am hoping that gunsmith fess would be considerably less than the $250 difference in my two above choices.
I'm not oppsoed to shipping the gun off so I may post this in general firearm discussion as well.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:41:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:25:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:27:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I want to purchase a wenig ladies shotgun stock for my fiance and her remington 1100. Their "machine inletted/DIY" stock goes for $100.
Their "completely finished stock, hand fitted to shop gun" is $350.
I am looking for a gunsmith in Northern Colorado or Denver or Colorado Springs that can finish inletting and hand (or laser) checker it. I'm not looking for fancy checkering at all. This would be for the buttstock only.
I am hoping that gunsmith fess would be considerably less than the $250 difference in my two above choices.
I'm not oppsoed to shipping the gun off so I may post this in general firearm discussion as well.

Gunsmith I used to work for made most of his money on stock work.

There is a shop on 287 between Loveland and FTC, I believe they do stock work. Sorry, I don't know the name of the shop for sure, maybe action arms?

Thats the one.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:42:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The Wenig $350 only covers gun fit finish, but you would need to send in the needed stock dimensions to get it right (read they charge more for fitting the stock to her if you don't have the needed dimensions, plus a trip needed to their shop to do it right. So in the match of things, you are forgetting that the stock needs to fitted to here, such as drop at heal, drop at comb, cast and cant, pitch, and even LOP with the recoil pad.

...Wow. I think I'm in over my head
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:25:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:10:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Dano: PM sent
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top