Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2010 5:34:59 PM EDT
So my bil wants to get a concealed carry permit, he is in Grand Junction. What are the steps for getting the permit? Are there any good gun stores in the area?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 5:58:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Try here for informationhttp://coloradocarry.com. Click on the discusion forums too.

IIRC I downloaded an appliction from the country sheriff and went from there.

You will have to complete a NRA basic pistol course. Make sure to get a certificate and a copy of the instructors license. If you have any local gunshows there are usually some people there to ask about training.

You can also go the the NRA's website and start from there.

Also http://co-ar15.com go to the CCW Issues section. They also have some western slope members.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 6:06:31 PM EDT
[#2]
As far as gun shops I believe there is a Pawn Shop that has an FFL in GJ. You will have to search this out as I don't know any more than that. Somebody here should know more.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 7:29:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Mesa County Sheriff

For application and information packet. The "Handgun Training Class" doesn't have to be a NRA class specifically, just taught by a certified instructor.

18-12-202.5 "HANDGUN TRAINING CLASS" MEANS:
(a) A LAW ENFORCEMENT TRAINING FIREARMS SAFETY COURSE;
(b) A FIREARMS SAFETY COURSE OFFERED BY A LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY, AN INSTITUTION OR
ORGANIZATION OR FIREARMS TRAINING SCHOOL, THAT IS OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC AND IS
TAUGHT BY A CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR; OR
(c) A FIREARMS

18-12-202.8 "TRAINING CERTIFICATE" MEANS A CERTIFICATE, AFFIDAVIT, OR OTHER DOCUMENT
ISSUED BY THE INSTRUCTOR, SCHOOL, CLUB, OR ORGANIZATION THAT CONDUCTS A HANDGUN
TRAINING CLASS THAT EVIDENCES AN APPLICANT'S SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF THE CLASS
REQUIREMENTS.

18-12-202.2 "CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR" MEANS AN INSTRUCTOR FOR A FIREARMS SAFETY COURSE
WHO IS CERTIFIED AS A FIREARMS INSTRUCTOR BY:
(a) A COUNTY, MUNICIPAL, STATE OR FEDERAL LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY;
(b) THE PEACE OFFICER STANDARDS AND TRAINING BOARD CREATED IN SECTION 24-31-302, C.R.S.;
(c) A FEDERAL MILITARY AGENCY; OR
(d) A NATIONAL NONPROFIT ORGANIZATION THAT CERTIFIES FIREARMS INSTRUCTORS, OPERATES
NATIONAL FIREARMS COMPETITIONS, AND PROVIDES TRAINING, INCLUDING COURSES IN PERSONAL
PROTECTION, IN SMALL ARMS SAFETY, USE, AND MARKSMANSHIP.
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 5:05:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Gene Taylor's used to be the big store. I was last there when they move to the wqest side of town from downtown. They may still be around.
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 7:40:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So my bil wants to get a concealed carry permit, he is in Grand Junction. What are the steps for getting the permit? Are there any good gun stores in the area?

I live here.

Go to the sheriffs office and get the required paperwork for the CCW.

We have some GREAT places to buy guns.  IM me and I'll elaborate further.

Is your BIL on here?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top