Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2009 1:30:04 PM EDT
Hello all,

Well after years of "no-30 round" mag hell in Denver, my wife and I bought our first home in Littleton and are in the process of moving!  I am glad to be moving out of the blue zone that is Denver to be sure, but I am confused as to how it will work with our CCW permits.  

My wife and I both have valid CCW permits issued to us by the City of Denver, how does this work to move to a different county?  Do we just fill out the "change of address" form and have it notarized and turn it in?

Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 3:38:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hello all,

Well after years of "no-30 round" mag hell in Denver, my wife and I bought our first home in Littleton and are in the process of moving!  I am glad to be moving out of the blue zone that is Denver to be sure, but I am confused as to how it will work with our CCW permits.  

My wife and I both have valid CCW permits issued to us by the City of Denver, how does this work to move to a different county?  Do we just fill out the "change of address" form and have it notarized and turn it in?

Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to the neighborhood!  

Sorry got nothing on the info you need though.  I move out here from VA a while back and still dont have the ccw for CO.  But I only CCW on private property...
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 3:48:41 PM EDT
[#2]
From Jefferson COunty

What happens to my permit if I move?
You must notify the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office within 30 days of an address change. Failure to do so is a chargeable offense.  You will need to complete and have notarized a change of address form.  Once completed, take the form and your current permit card, in person, to the Sheriff's Office Records Section.  A new card will be issued.

If you move within the state of Colorado, your permit remains valid until it expires.  At that time, you may either renew the permit with the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office or you may submit a new application to the sheriff's office where you reside.  If you move to another state, your permit becomes invalid.

Address change form
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top