Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2009 5:04:05 AM EDT
Friend of mine in Denver's house was robbed while they were trick or treating.  Among other things stolen was one of his guns - a Glock 23.

Longshot, I know, but if someone comes across one for sale- it may his.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:19:15 AM EDT
[#1]
S/N?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:31:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Im trying to get that from him.  He works nights so I should know in a couple hours.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:10:32 AM EDT
[#3]
When is someone going to create a Lojack for guns?

The tech has to be there to sneak a small transmitter in the grip or stock.

ETA:  I'm going to Tanner this weekend and can keep an eye out if you can get the S/N.  Altough, Glocks don't quite catch my eye the way they used to!
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:48:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:52:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Where bouts does he live?

Checking pawn shops in the area would be a good idea once you get the S/N.

On a side note, how many of you keep your S/N's in a specific place, or several locations?

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:19:06 AM EDT
[#6]
He got it 12 years ago and through a couple moves, he's lost the S/N.  It was an agency purchase program direct with Glock so he's trying to contact them.  He is kicking himself.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:33:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No thanks on the LoJack,

I will take my chances rather than having a way to track my firearms.

Just because I am paranoid, doesn't mean that they are not out to get me.

Quoted:

ETA:  I'm going to Tanner this weekend and can keep an eye out if you can get the S/N.  Altough, Glocks don't quite catch my eye the way they used to!

I have to admit, I didn't see the other side of that one!  Good call.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:05:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
He got it 12 years ago and through a couple moves, he's lost the S/N.  It was an agency purchase program direct with Glock so he's trying to contact them.  He is kicking himself.

PM sent...
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:00:09 PM EDT
[#9]
This +1.  I don't need Obama bin Laden or anybody else in government tracking my guns!  
Quoted:
No thanks on the LoJack,

Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:05:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This +1.  I don't need Obama bin Laden or anybody else in government tracking my guns!  
Quoted:
No thanks on the LoJack,

Quoted:

Do they really need to track guns when they can track you as a human?  You know we're all in some NSA database, right?

I'm a quadruple threat...

-  Christian
-  Pro Life
- Veteran
- Republican (this comes last, lately)

Just sayin'
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:44:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No thanks on the LoJack,

Quoted:

Do they really need to track guns when they can track you as a human?  You know we're all in some NSA database, right?

I'm a quadruple threat...

-  Christian
-  Pro Life
- Veteran
- Republican (this comes last, lately)

Just sayin'

I agree + the rumor is...everyone who ever attends a gunshow is "added to the list" - whatever that is

Sakic #19
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 12:03:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I agree + the rumor is...everyone who ever attends a gunshow is "added to the list" - whatever that is

Sakic #19

That's pretty much false.  How can they get your info if you don't buy a gun or something where you're req'd to file paperwork?  There's no way they can put facial recognition cameras at all the gun shows in the US.   Seriously.  
Now please hold your fingers still on the keyboard so the computer can scan your fingerprint and put at you to the list.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:58:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top