Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2009 1:42:56 PM EDT
Looking for a good camping spot in that area. No campgrounds please. I plan on spending a few weeks. I have a 4x4 truck. Suggestions???? I would like somewhere that I'm the only one around.
Link Posted: 7/13/2009 9:05:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I am not familiar with that particular area, but my suggestion is that you get the Trail Illustrated map of the area and look for jeep roads.
Link Posted: 7/14/2009 7:33:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I am not familiar with that particular area, but my suggestion is that you get the Trail Illustrated map of the area and look for jeep roads.

It's up by Steamboat Springs.

Actually, DemonicLemming and I were looking at this area, specifically Echo/Summit lake, to do a 4-5day hiking/camping trip at the end of September.....basically the same thing as MP but much shorter.

What are the CO laws on open carry?  I have my CCW but he doesn't and was wanting to know if he could OC while camping/hiking?

Link Posted: 7/14/2009 8:13:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, DemonicLemming and I were looking at this area, specifically Echo/Summit lake, to do a 4-5day hiking/camping trip at the end of September.....basically the same thing as MP but much shorter.

What are the CO laws on open carry? I have my CCW but he doesn't and was wanting to know if he could OC while camping/hiking?

You can definitely open carry while camping and hiking in CO.
Link Posted: 7/25/2009 2:06:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What are the CO laws on open carry? I have my CCW but he doesn't and was wanting to know if he could OC while camping/hiking?

Is that good for all CO State Parks?

Link Posted: 7/25/2009 6:35:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As far as I know you have to carry concelaed in state parks.  I have only been to a couple so don't quote me, but the ones I have been to state "no open carry of weapons," hence the CCW.
Link Posted: 7/26/2009 8:26:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I spend time in the National Forests, I can't really speak for the State Parks
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 6:15:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I spend time in the National Forests, I can't really speak for the State Parks

Gotcha, thanks.

Link Posted: 7/29/2009 11:33:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Are you talking about the Medicine Bow National Forest in Wyoming? If so you can just head out on any of the NF/USFS roads and pull off and camp. Open Carry is good to go, and shooting is allowed unless otherwise posted.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 2:27:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Can't really recommend any car camping as I backpack up there mostly.

Beautiful area. You won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 10:19:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Can't really recommend any car camping as I backpack up there mostly.

Beautiful area. You won't be disappointed.

Where do you normally backpack at?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top