Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2009 6:30:19 AM EDT
I know that you have to get is singed off but it is by the city official or the county?  Anybody know if Douglas is friendly towards these apps?  I have always wanted one and I am thinking on finally pulling the trigger!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:36:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a few friends in Douglas that have gotten a sign-off.

That said, if you can swing a trust it's a mch easier route.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:31:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I would form a trust, in fact, I did.

Quicken Willmaker, purchased a Trident 9. No fingerprints, no photos, no wait time at the local sheriff office.
If you do decide to go through your LE, county sheriff would be the guy to go through
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:01:11 PM EDT
[#3]
A trust as in a trust you set up with a Lawyer?  How does that make it easier?  Thanks for the info so far
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:19:33 PM EDT
[#4]
By establishing a trust, you circumvent the need for CLEO sign-off on your forms.  You also don't have to submit fingerprints or photographs.

I did mine via Quicken Willmaker.  Some speak ill of using the software for this purpose, but anecdotal data shows that they are effective.  You can also get one done by an attorney for around $600.

More info can be found in the Suppressor forums under the Armory tab.

Best of luck.

M
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:57:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd go the trust route, simply for ease and time.  

IM sent.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:02:57 AM EDT
[#6]
there is an actual forum here for these and many other suppressor questions
http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=6&f=20
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:28:13 AM EDT
[#7]
I understand that but my initial question was geared towards the hometown crowd, specificially douglas county
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top