Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2009 9:39:38 AM EDT
Besides the Federal value packs for 22lr, I don't see the insantiy over the Wal-Mart for ammo.  Honestly, 10 bucks a box for Winchester white box 5.56?  Plus tax.  What's that come out to, $535 a case or so?  I ordered 4K of M855 from Aim for $8.65/20 shipped two weeks ago.  Even Jensen's still has some M193 for $83.99 and that is in sealed battle packs.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:01:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I buy the .22 and 9mm, agreed on the 5.56 though, nothing special there. That and last time i ordered ammo it took like 3 months to arrive, i'm sure some people are turned off by that.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 10:06:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Last time I ordered ammo was from AIM Surplus mid November...500rds of Lake City for $190 shipped...got it in about 2-3 weeks...
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 2:04:46 PM EDT
[#3]
9mm WWB for under $20.00
fed bulk for $12.87

jensens has 9mm in 1K lots for the same price, when they have it.
unfortunately no one beats WW for the .22lr    my vendor's back ordered for who knows how long.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 3:43:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Well when they have stuff it is real convenient to pick up a box of two with the dog food or what have you. I don'5 necessarly have $300 plus at one time to drop on a case whatever. YMMV
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 4:27:56 PM EDT
[#5]
All right, I see where you guys are coming from.  Is there a big shooting group around here?  I'm surprised you guys don't get together and do group buys.  Or at least have a thread tacked up here for some ammo deals / what not.  I just ordered 1.5K of cuturion .223 (for plinking) from AIM today.  It was 169.95 per 500.  They come in new 30 cal ammo cans so can't beat that for some reloadable range ammo.  That's around $360 or so shipped per thousand with some sweet ammo cans.

For those of you who do have the inclination to save some money buying larger quantities online and want timely delivery check out AIM surplus.  Their website usually doesn't have a ton, but if you get on their industry forum Bryan keeps us all up to date on the stuff that is coming in.  Most of the good stuff doesn't even make it to the web site it goes so quickly, but he is getting quality ammo in at a fair price very frequently.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 4:48:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I just go after the federal .22

also 12 gauge because it is cheap...about .25 a shot after tax.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 7:20:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
All right, I see where you guys are coming from.  Is there a big shooting group around here?  I'm surprised you guys don't get together and do group buys.  Or at least have a thread tacked up here for some ammo deals / what not.  I just ordered 1.5K of cuturion .223 (for plinking) from AIM today.  It was 169.95 per 500.  They come in new 30 cal ammo cans so can't beat that for some reloadable range ammo.  That's around $360 or so shipped per thousand with some sweet ammo cans.

For those of you who do have the inclination to save some money buying larger quantities online and want timely delivery check out AIM surplus.  Their website usually doesn't have a ton, but if you get on their industry forum Bryan keeps us all up to date on the stuff that is coming in.  Most of the good stuff doesn't even make it to the web site it goes so quickly, but he is getting quality ammo in at a fair price very frequently.

i'm an Aim frequent flyer. however sometimes being able to grab a bulk pak Because you OOPS forgot ammo on the way to the range negates mail ordering.
as for group buy i doubt we would get a vendor to sell us 50-100K rounds for a good price. I for one don't want to be th epoint man on any group deal, Especially if it goes south.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:04:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I like to support national merchants who still choose to sell ammunition, unlike Target and K-Mart.
I plan to buy some .22LR today from Wal-Mart and maybe some 12 gauge.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:16:02 AM EDT
[#9]
All good points.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:58:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I like to support national merchants who still choose to sell ammunition, unlike Target and K-Mart.

-I like AIM...alot. I have bought from them many times.

-I agree greatly with SS109 on his point: the list of national merchants that carry ammo does seems to dwindling. They put a Wal-Mart in my town last year and I am afraid that they are not as busy as they would like. I need to keep them up here.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 3:46:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Good luck finding a store with any .22LR in stock.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 4:09:53 PM EDT
[#12]
I have an unopened 550rd pack I'll sell ya for a cool $60

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 6:14:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I would never waste my money on the wb 5.56 but the federal 200 round .223 for .38 a round is great for plinking
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:23:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Walmart .45 ACP is/was cheaper than anywhere else, if there is any on the shelf that is. This is before shipping and handling from an online distributor too. I was seeing $16-17 per 50 rds at AIM and Walmart sells it for 14.97 per 50 rds Blazer Brass. I think Walmart WWB .45 is also competitively priced too. Walmart handgun ammo is basically wholesale prices, you can only get it cheaper by reloading. Their rifle ammo prices don't seem as good though.

Also, for a while I was stuck buying .45 at Walmart because I had everything I needed to reload except primers. Walmart saved the day in that case too because I was able to trade a couple of boxes of Blazer 9mm for some large pistol primers. Now I won't really need to go to Walmart for ammunition unless I run out of reloading components before the craze dies down.

Other than that, Fed bulk pack .22 from Walmart is as cheap as you can get and still burn powder.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top