Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2007 7:39:03 AM EDT
Anyone taken classes there?  The resumes of the instructors seem impressive, the main guy, Rob Pincus, is somewhat vague about his background.  Mentions l.e. and military, private security but no specifics (years, depts, etc).

I understand that your weapons are locked up when not engaged in training if you stay on the premises.

Sure seems like someone has invested a ton of $ into what appears to be a very nice facility.  

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/29/2007 10:50:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a DVD that Valhalla put out, it is pretty good.  I am interested in attending some classes there at some point as well, so consider this a tag.
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 12:10:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I have attended several tier one schools (Blackwater, Frontsight, blah blah) and Valhalla is by far the most progressive and realistic training available to civilians.

The only draw back is that AR work is limited.  The ultra-realistic scenario-ranges can only sustain handgun frangible rounds, so you need a 9mm AR to be able to play (they have them for use on site, but then you are not using YOUR gun/optics, etc.).  It is a great reason to build that 9mm carbine you always wanted!

Take the Extreme CQB course.  It is the only place where you will be able to be in a bar, get in a fight, and see if you can draw and fire under serious duress.  A Chicago cop buddy of mine took this course with me and said it was better than any LEO course he ever attended.

The real bonus is that the Elk Mtn. lodge is really deluxe with 5-star accommodations and dining.  Makes for a great trip.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 1:29:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Appreciate the feedback.  As I stated I'm impressed with the creds of the other instructors, Rob Pincus is kind of vague about who he's worked for and what his actual experience is.  If he's the head instructor I'd like to know more.  Is he more of an admin/owner guy or what.  I've seen some of the videos and frankly I didn't see anything out of him I haven't seen in matches.  

I'd be going to enhance fighting skills, not competition skill sets.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:45:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice insight and review, thanks.  I don't know anyone that's gone so it was good to read of your experience.  Be safe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top