Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/11/2007 9:53:13 PM EDT
I was hit with a stun gun in a store that sold them once and it had almost no effect.  I'm a little doubtful as to how much worse a taser could be.  

I am willing to let any local cops do it to me, but it needs to be videotaped for Arfcom.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2007 9:55:49 PM EDT
[#1]
wow how can i get in on this? do you need someone to hold the camera??
Link Posted: 4/11/2007 10:20:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Be careful what you wish for. It was the suckiest five seconds of my life.

Try to imagine coming home to find Nancy Pelosi on your couch. And she's waiting for you. And she's not just waiting for you, she's naked with intent. Now, for five seconds you can't move your head or close your eyes or run out the door screaming.

It's not like a cheap "back of Soldier of Fiction magazine classified ads" stun gun.
Link Posted: 4/11/2007 10:36:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Sure.  My wife sure as hell wont be
Link Posted: 4/12/2007 8:21:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Try to imagine coming home to find Nancy Pelosi on your couch. And she's waiting for you. And she's not just waiting for you, she's naked with intent. Now, for five seconds you can't move your head or close your eyes or run out the door screaming.

WOW thats horrid!!!

PeteCO, just let me know when and where,  and Ill be there!!
Link Posted: 4/12/2007 2:01:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I was hit with a stun gun in a store that sold them once and it had almost no effect.  I'm a little doubtful as to how much worse a taser could be.  

I am willing to let any local cops do it to me, but it needs to be videotaped for Arfcom.  

I have an old mattress spring and a car battery?
Link Posted: 4/12/2007 2:47:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Check with Lexington, he used to sell them.

Can I watch?
Link Posted: 4/12/2007 5:29:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like fun for all, I'd love to watch this
Link Posted: 4/12/2007 6:58:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I would like to see this
Link Posted: 4/12/2007 7:16:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Can I watch?

I have a pair of cartridges I can donate (I think). Gotta look in some boxes.

I tased a friend in my store as a demo when downtown Longmont had its summer Street Stroll. I set a time and stepped into the street like a carnival barker to get people inside. I had a hundred people watch as I put one probe under my friend's shoe lace and put the other in his back pocket - just like Taser has done at the SHOT Show.

I liked the guy too much to give him the full 5 seconds. I cut the power at 1 second, just long enough for him to drop to the floor like a sack of potatoes.

No early escape, PeteCO. You gotta take the bull for the full ride. I have dibs on the camera!
Link Posted: 4/12/2007 8:33:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can I watch?

I have a pair of cartridges I can donate (I think). Gotta look in some boxes.

I tased a friend in my store as a demo when downtown Longmont had its summer Street Stroll. I set a time and stepped into the street like a carnival barker to get people inside. I had a hundred people watch as I put one probe under my friend's shoe lace and put the other in his back pocket - just like Taser has done at the SHOT Show.

I liked the guy too much to give him the full 5 seconds. I cut the power at 1 second, just long enough for him to drop to the floor like a sack of potatoes.

No early escape, PeteCO. You gotta take the bull for the full ride. I have dibs on the camera!

I'm in Ft Collins, but I'll travel.  How far do those barbs imbed into your skin?  Will it ruin my shirt?
Link Posted: 4/12/2007 9:05:29 PM EDT
[#11]
IIRC, they are one-quarter inch long with a little hook on the end. Wear big-weave cotton, not tight rayon or polyester and you can probably avoid a snag. The Taser zap is said to be able to get to you even if you are wearing clothing and inch or two thick.

No need to travel any further than Longmont.

Time to look in my boxes....

These are old style cartridges for the M26, not the X26. Someone needs to come up with the right unit.

EDIT: Looking at Taser's web site, it appears the cartridges fit either unit.
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 7:57:04 AM EDT
[#12]
How are you going to post the video?  youtube.com?  I've seen the one of the bull getting tased.  He stiffened up and tipped over like a phone pole.  Are you sure you want to do this??  And, then post it on the internet??!!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 9:33:26 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
How are you going to post the video?  youtube.com?  I've seen the one of the bull getting tased.  He stiffened up and tipped over like a phone pole.  Are you sure you want to do this??  And, then post it on the internet??!!!

SSSSSHHHHHHHHH

We will have none of your Naysaying here!!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 1:40:19 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SSSSSHHHHHHHHH

We will have none of your Naysaying here!!!

I've seen that video, I think one of the barbs hit the bull's penis.  

Hopefully that won't happen to me.  

The stun gun had literally no effect on me so I am wondering (and hoping) the taser isn't that bad.  Besides, I'm kind of curious about it.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 2:01:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Here is a photo taken during the demo at my store. I think it turned out fairly well.

Link Posted: 4/13/2007 2:27:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 2:42:26 PM EDT
[#17]
I got a buck on Lexington.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 3:01:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
If this happens, I think I need to be there as an official ARFCOM witness.  Ohh and I will hold your beer for ya while ya do it.  

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure.  My wife sure as hell wont be

There is one, its ME
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 4:03:24 PM EDT
[#19]
This ought to be good considering Pete's story about the Wal-Mart tsunami.
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 5:56:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Hey, if it will help ya....I carrya civillian M26 Taser in my truck, batteries are hot, and I have a spare cartridge to blast ya with.....of course, you can press the cartridge against someone and "drive stun" them without deploying the leads too...
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 1:02:03 PM EDT
[#21]
If this happens some time in May, I too would like to bear witness!  Pete, you are a funny bastage!
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 4:19:35 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Hey, if it will help ya....I carrya civillian M26 Taser in my truck, batteries are hot, and I have a spare cartridge to blast ya with.....of course, you can press the cartridge against someone and "drive stun" them without deploying the leads too...
Sounds like we have a winner, I hope its as powerful as an x24(6)
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 7:54:08 PM EDT
[#23]
I have found the two Taser cartridges I knew I had. When is the big dance?
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 1:55:29 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Wanna shoot for the first or second weekend in May?  

Sounds like several people want to be there, maybe we can organize a shoot at Pawnee or something that day?

I'll make sure to bring my "I love Arfcom" sign and video camera.
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 2:50:47 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like several people want to be there, maybe we can organize a shoot at Pawnee or something that day?

Yeah! I can even make it now......
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 3:41:17 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sounds like we have a winner, I hope its as powerful as an x24(6)

I took a ride on the M26 for a class that I took....I'll drop him like a bad habit.....
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 5:55:20 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

sure Im up for it. Pawnee then? just give me  date and time. . . . . .
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 6:06:52 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

sure Im up for it. Pawnee then? just give me  date and time. . . . . .

When can everyone make it?  I'll bring some burgers and dogs if someone can bring a grill.  Maybe we can meet in Ault or something, if people are willing to travel that far (I know some of you are in Longmont, etc)
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 7:54:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Pete, If you would post or email me the decided date/meetin place I would like to go.  I know everybody wants to shoot my SKS or P2k... Uh, wait...

At any rate, don't plan around me, as that 2nd weekend is right after commencement at CSM.   to me!  

Link Posted: 4/15/2007 8:05:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Um well good date, I'm graduating from AIMS CC on Saturday morning. . . . . . can we plan this for Sunday?
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 8:06:18 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Um well good date, I'm graduating from AIMS CC on Saturday morning. . . . . . can we plan this for Sunday?

Congrats!  I have an Aims degree, whats your major?
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 8:42:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Liberal Arts, I had to many credits when i transferred from UNC. . . .
Ive been trying to get back to UNC for a year and a half now with no success, so I am applying to a SO here in CO (not Weld tho)

Link Posted: 4/16/2007 6:24:36 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can make it if you do it somewhere in Longmont/Ft. Collins area.  In fact, please do it in that area, and be sure to let us all know!  

KOTB
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 7:36:56 PM EDT
[#34]
PD here tazed a guy the other day. This guy was 6 foot 3 or 4 and over 300lbs easy. He dropped like a sack of rocks, but came up fighting so he got tazed again & again he dropped like a ton of bricks, but would not comply & came up swinging so they zapped him a 3rd time before he went down for the count.

Ended up in the back of an ambulance & is now in the hospital.

Me thinks Pete should have an ambulance standing by just in case he crumps.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 8:30:11 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I don't even know how that could/would be arranged, but I certainly don't want him to tase my ass more than once!!
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 8:54:24 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:I don't even know how that could/would be arranged, but I certainly don't want him to tase my ass more than once!!

Do you have any kind of heart problems, ever had any heart problems?

Something to think about, not to mention having it someplace close enough to EMS where they can get ya quick ifin you have problems.

We also had a guy who tried ducking the barb & got one stuck in his eye. Now he dropped like 20 tons of dog crap stuffed into a 5 ton bag
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 9:26:52 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:I don't even know how that could/would be arranged, but I certainly don't want him to tase my ass more than once!!

Something to think about, not to mention having it someplace close enough to EMS where they can get ya quick ifin you have problems.

We also had a guy who tried ducking the barb & got one stuck in his eye. Now he dropped like 20 tons of dog crap stuffed into a 5 ton bag

Nope, no health problems, but I can see where being at Pawnee Grasslands, a half hour from the nearest hospital might not be the best idea.

And I'm wearing protective glasses if something like that is being shot at me.  I just hope I don't wind up like the bull they shot on youtube and catch a barb on the penis.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 9:28:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Jock cup.    
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 10:13:24 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Jock cup.    

I don't own one, and I'm sure as hell not going to borrow one.  I'll just wear heavier pants and cross my fingers.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 12:52:20 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

I'll look into that.......

Keep me posted. I haven't had to jump start anyone in a while........

Link Posted: 4/19/2007 7:56:36 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, no health problems, but I can see where being at Pawnee Grasslands, a half hour from the nearest hospital might not be the best idea.

And I'm wearing protective glasses if something like that is being shot at me.  I just hope I don't wind up like the bull they shot on youtube and catch a barb on the penis.  

Its best that they shoot you in the back, then you don't have to worry about the eye's or Schlong. . . . . . .  Oh and you have no F'ing clue when it will come

so we good for Sunday the 13th??
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 1:32:40 PM EDT
[#42]
I want to come!!!  this sounds absolutely amazing.  I graduate on the 13th, but hell, i'll have my buddy fly me up there to watch this after we are done!  is there enough room for a chopper where you want to do this at?  can we shoot up there as well?
I can't wait to see you drop PeteCO!
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 6:37:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Don't they make "practice" shots for the Tazer that don't have any barbs?  Might want to see if anyone has those.

KOTB
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 8:36:52 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Don't they make "practice" shots for the Tazer that don't have any barbs?  Might want to see if anyone has those.

KOTB

If he's gonna do it, he should do it right. Barbs and all.
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:18:36 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

KOTB

You can probably file down or snip the barbs as you would a fishhook.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 9:20:07 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I want to come!!!  this sounds absolutely amazing.  I graduate on the 13th, but hell, i'll have my buddy fly me up there to watch this after we are done!  is there enough room for a chopper where you want to do this at?  can we shoot up there as well?
I can't wait to see you drop PeteCO!

Its Pawnee National Grasslands.  You should be fine.   I think there are three trees in the whole area.  Might be nice to have a heli around anyway... Especially if it is all black!  
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 10:57:03 PM EDT
[#47]
It's real easy to pull the barbs & they only leave small scorch marks
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 2:10:24 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

KOTB

You can probably file down or snip the barbs as you would a fishhook.  

The cartridge is sealed. The barbs can be accessed only after they are deployed.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 7:09:50 AM EDT
[#49]
This is sounding interesting to say the least...wish I could be there when it goes down...umm... Pete goes down!
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 7:19:12 PM EDT
[#50]
give me a time and exact location (GPS would be preferred) and I will try to get up there after my graduation.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top