Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2007 10:30:22 AM EDT
I was thumbing through some of my old NRA “American Rifleman” magazines from 1982 when I ran across this advertisement. Do you think this would go over well in today’s Boulder, CO?

Link Posted: 2/20/2007 11:00:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Yep, I saw this very same add somewhere just 3 or 4 years ago.  The length of time and amount to be deposited had changed but that bank was still running this promotion.  Only thing is, you could put the money somewhere for 6 years and have 2 or 3 times the cost of the Weatherby rifle.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 11:30:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow! I would have never thought a promotion like this would fly nowadays!
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 2:08:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow, yeah this was in one of things that Michael Moore detailed in his lefty movie where they were still doing the exact same gun in Upper Michigan back in 1998. Turns out I went to high school with the bank manager and he ended up with like 5 of these including shotguns after "corporate" shut it down.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 7:26:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm rather surprised such programs still exist.

But I do remember that old ad.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:37:33 PM EDT
[#5]
is there anything like this today?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top