Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2006 5:40:03 PM EDT
Anyone out there a member?  

I was hoping to get a roster together for future "meet & greets".

For those out there that are not members, but thinking about it, I like the place.  It's alot of $ up front, but it is a very clean and professional place to shoot.  Good folks, awesome hours, and good benefits (classes, gunsmith, rentals, etc).

-Jason
(HMC)
Link Posted: 9/20/2006 6:18:41 PM EDT
[#1]
what's it run?
Link Posted: 9/20/2006 6:43:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe I'm dumb, but the prices seem to have vanished from their website now that they are open for bidness.    Wonder why?

After waiting out their construction (pay up front, no thanks) I still haven't managed to stop by and look around.

https://www.whistlingpinesgunclub.com/index.asp

Link Posted: 10/2/2006 1:57:31 PM EDT
[#3]
The prices are there...  https://www.whistlingpinesgunclub.com/membershipNew.asp

You will find me behind the counter Monday nights...
Link Posted: 10/8/2006 9:20:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm sorry, but a $350 initial member fee plus an extra $300 a year is an insane amount for a club that offers nothing that isn't already available in many other places close by for free or for substantially less. I've been to Whistling Pines Gun Club and I saw nothing that justified those types of membership fees.
Link Posted: 10/11/2006 1:36:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm sorry, but a $350 initial member fee plus an extra $300 a year is an insane amount for a club that offers nothing that isn't already available in many other places close by for free or for substantially less. I've been to Whistling Pines Gun Club and I saw nothing that justified those types of membership fees.

True it is expensive, no doubt about that.  I believe the inital fee is refundable after you end your membership.  As far as the monthly dues, as often as I shoot, $25 a month isn't that big of deal.

For me, the pros outway the cons.  First, I live close to the range, so it's very convient.  Indoor shooting is a big plus in the middle of CO winters.  I also like the availability of the range (they have great hours for us hard working people).  I have also found it to be very safe and family-oriented.  The classes that the offer will be a plus as well (I haven't gone to any yet though).  Last, the additional range will make IPSC and IPDA shooting available here in the Springs--which I am long overdue to join.

I believe close to 1000 members have already joined, so something must be good about it.  

I'm not trying to justify everyone becoming a member...less folks means more range time for me.   I was just trying to get a list together for board members to meet and greet.  If anyone's interested in doing so, shoot me an IM sometime.

--Jason (HMC)

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:28:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Anyone?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top