Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2006 4:58:24 AM EDT
Looks like they packed up and went home. I havent seen any one doing any work on that site in months looks like they have even removed all the heavy equip of the site too. Any one have updates?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:27:10 AM EDT
[#1]
It looks like the traffic studies are leading to a new exchange and other road work.  They are also doing an environmental assessment.  Both of these might be delaying construction.  From what I hear it will be early '07 before the doors open.  But this is all I could find.  The info is a couple of months old and things might have changed.

http://www.co.jefferson.co.us/cadm/cadm_T26_R23.htm
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:53:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Tag.

The site looks deserted.

I heard the opening has been moved to 2008. Looks like Dick's & Bass Pro Shop has a little more time to survive.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:30:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Its good news if you purchase stuff online from Cabelas.  (For example, they have
been able to refill backorders on 7.62x39 ammo faster than anyone else. ) So this
means we will be able to enjoy that type of purchasing tax free for a little while longer.

All that will change when they build the store here in Colorado and we all have to pay Colorado
sales tax for those online purchases.

As for as Pro Bass goes; that store is so overpriced and geared solely toward the hunting
crowd.  At least the Cabelas store in Sydney has some interesting stuff and some good prices
sometime. I don't know how that Pro Bass will survive when Cabelas opens.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:58:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I want a Cabelas!  No more driving to Sydney!    

First it was 2006, then it was summer 07, now 08?  I hate Dick's, sportsmans just aint Cabelas, and Bass Pro should go back to Missouri.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:31:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Last time I was in Sidney, a employee there told me that it is one of their smallest stores. The store in Denver was going to be one of the larger stores along the lines of there Kansas City store. She said it was going to be 100,000 square feet larger than Bass Pro. My credit  card is gonna be hurtin.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top