Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2006 5:40:49 PM EDT
My dad lives in Colorado and wants to get a suppressor.  Is it legal?  Anything special he needs to do?

TIA.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:52:37 PM EDT
[#1]
they are legal, im not sure of the exact process to obtain 1 but it involves a long wait and $200 to the atf. im sure someone will be along shortly with more knowledge on the subject.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:27:22 AM EDT
[#2]
It would probably be easiest to go to a shop that sells them.  They will get him through the process.  I think he will have to get fingerprint cards, photos, fill out some forms, and get it signed by his county sheriff.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:44:16 PM EDT
[#3]
click here for Ironridge Guns

Talk to Oliver, he's a Gemtech dealer and in the works for AAC dealership.  Good down home guy and knows his stuff.  Tell your dad to pass on that you're a ARFcom guy for a free high five.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:16:42 PM EDT
[#4]
www.machineguntours.com  he is located in dumont

or

http://www.jensenarms.com        located in loveland

i'd call either one of them.   alan (machineguntours)  can get you anything you want

jensens is mainly a gemtec dealer but can  order anything too
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:37:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Jensens and Oliver are both good choices. What county is your father in? Some local sheriffs will not sign off on the BATFE Form 4 and your dad will have to form a corporation to get around it.

PS, if he is in Boulder County he has nothing to worry about, sheriff Joe Pell RULES!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:43:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I have sent my father this thread; he lives in Rio Grande County, I think - on 160 on the way up to Creede - I don't think the Sheriff will be a problem....
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:56:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
click here for Ironridge Guns

Talk to Oliver, he's a Gemtech dealer and in the works for AAC dealership.  Good down home guy and knows his stuff.  Tell your dad to pass on that you're a ARFcom guy for a free high five.

Yeah, Iron Ridge is the place to go. Oliver is my regular pusher dealer.

Beyond being just a dealer, he is a manufacturer and can MAKE you a can if you really want a custom one.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:23:46 AM EDT
[#8]
i checked this out a couple weeks ago because i want one for my mak this is a rough break downand its not exact its just what i remember when i was looking into it

you need a form 4 (which a dealer can supply)
you need to send it to the dept of treasurary with 200 dollars
it takes something like up to 4 months to get it back approved
then you can actually get a suppressor after all that
and the certificat must stay with the suppressor at all time
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top