Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 4:16:34 PM EDT
You asked for it, and I made it happen.  An AR15 Builder's Course!

A few months back a friend was giving me a hard time about all the AR15's that I had and all the money I was shelling out for gunsmith fees.

Last time Jim was in Colorado at a class he did some armorer work on one of my Glocks.  I Jim to come out Colorado and teach me how to completly disassemble the AR15 and install the accessories that I often find myself putting on my guns.

Jim took me up on my offer and we set up a class in Colorado Springs for April 15 - 16.  The fees for the class are just to take care of Jim's traveling expenses.

The course announcement from Jim:

Recently I have had many folks inquire about learning how to work on AR-15 rifles. Specifically the process of assembly, disassembly and the addition of after market parts such as free floated rail systems, trigger groups, sling plates etc…

This has got me thinking about teaching some fellow Lightfighter's how to do these things. It’s the whole give a man a fish / teach a man to fish thing. I talked to USMC03 (Jeff Carpenter) about this and here is what we came up with:

COURSE ANNOUNCEMENT

AR-15/ M-16 BUILDERS COURSE.

This course will teach the student how to properly and completely assemble and disassemble the AR-15 rifle. We will show you step by the step the process and tools required to do perform this task. In the course each student will disassemble his own rifle and demonstrate the ability to reassemble it properly.

This is not an armorers course. Amorers certification requires more than we will go into in two days. This is for the home builder or hobbyist who would like to better understand the AR-15 system.

Required materials (items you need to bring to class):

(1) Fully functional AR-15 rifle or carbine of any manufacture. You will completely disassemble your own rifle.
(2) Safety glasses.
(3) Plastic/rubber mallet (the hammer head with one rubber side and one hard plastic side).
(4) Needle nose pliers.
(5) Flat blade screw driver of at least 6 inch length.
(6) Pin Punches in sizes; 1/16, 5/64, 3/8, 3/32, 1/8, 1/4
(7) One clean towel or cloth to lay parts out on.
(8) Cleaning supplies (CLP, rags, or cleaner and lubricant of your choice).

If you have other AR tools I encourage you to bring them. We will provide all other tools necessary. If you have aftermarket accessories, parts or upgrades you would like to install bring them and the instructions. (I have installed most of the stuff out there but I never am sure what I will come across)

***Cost is $75.00 payable in advance (personnel check or money order)***

If intrested email me at [email protected] and I will provide details on my personel information and credentials as well as the credentials of my partner who will be assisting in teaching.

Jim

-Deadline is March 16th for payment

-For info on material covered in the class or to make payment arangements contact Jim at [email protected] ...... For info on local issues feel free to contact Jeff at [email protected]

-Jim's company homepage www.ccijax.com

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:23:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:53:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Cut off for enrollment is March 16th.

I had a lot of guys asking me to bring this class to Colorado, I doubt we'll be doing it again anytime in the near future.

The tuition is extreemly cheap because the 2 instructors aren't doing this as a "money maker", the class fee is set up just to cover their travel and lodging expenses.

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:39:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Cutoff for the class is this Thursday March 16th.

Hope to see some of you there!

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:27:44 AM EDT
[#4]
This is a great price for the knowledge, I wish I was not having to be out of town for work.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 12:46:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Guys, this is going to be a great course. And as these things go, its pretty cheap!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:14:54 PM EDT
[#6]
If Independence Pass were open it wouldn't take me 4.5 hours to get there,and I would attend.  
Free bump

--VT
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:03:33 AM EDT
[#7]
We still have a couple spots open if anyone is interested.

Contact Jim at [email protected] if you want to sign up for the class.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:41:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Im in...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top