Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 11:23:20 AM EDT
Come on, I'm not an expert by any means,but come on. They say up to 200 shot in this guy. If he was using #7 shot what is that 168 in a load? Now they say he was shot with a 28ga. at 30 yds. No way. At that range how much does the pattern open up. How at that range does it go threw a vest. clothing and deep enough to go into the chest and hit the heart?
Just my rant. What say you?
ps-I am a republican so it isn't what you think.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:37:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, according to the internet there are about 350 pellets of 7.5 shot (the size he was using according to the news) in 1 ounce. If he was using a 1 ounce load and not 3/4 it may be possible to get 200 if he had a full choke at 30 yards IMO.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:54:43 AM EDT
[#2]
there's 400 plus in a 1oz load.
and a 1oz load in a 28ga is over large, so ti's going to string out (typical 28ga load is 3/4 of an oz) and not pattern fully.
he's probably using a full choke since it's a hunting gun.  probably wouldn't pattern out more than 2 feet or so at 30  yards.
trust me, at 30 yards, shotguns can do amazing damage.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:12:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I think it was on NRA news; they had a doctor on that said it didn't have to be powerful enough to get to the heart.  If it got to a large vein or artery it could travel to the heart.  Which is what he believed happened.  Or maybe it's all just a cover up.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:10:04 AM EDT
[#4]
The guy who got shot was like 78 years old.  
he probably has a heart attack when he slips in the tub.
I know I would definately be in shock if I got shot.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:30:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Remind me to call my buddies and make sure they now the diff between me standing and a bird.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top